• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They’re not really afraid. They don’t actually ”feel unsafe”. If they were truly afraid they would have left him standing there. It’s all about leveraging a narrative. We tend to accept their premises and we’ve already lost the argument when we do.

One of the few times anyone has mentioned about being 'uncomfortable', or 'scared' about a gun, I told them they weren't scared.
    Cause if a bear walked in to a restaurant, I would be scared of it.
    And I sure as sh$$ wouldn't walk up to it and wave my arms around and talk to it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    There was a day in this country where guns were mostly associated with target shooting, hunting and fishing with less emphasis on self-defense. For better or worse, that has changed. Now, among most gun owners, self-defense is the primary association. Hunting isn't generally accepted as it once was and has been on the decline. These ideas, with the aid of the media and internet have become solidly imbedded into the culture. One of my granddaughters is scared of guns and won't let me teach her firearms safety and basic marksmanship. Her parents are fine with it and own firearms and her younger sister has already been trained. This Representative Lucas is not a friend of gun owners by exhibiting this kind of behavior. "You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar!" We make more friends by being calm and using statistics and logic. It is better to take baby steps before stomping around in muck boots.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    There was a day in this country where guns were mostly associated with target shooting, hunting and fishing with less emphasis on self-defense. For better or worse, that has changed. Now, among most gun owners, self-defense is the primary association. Hunting isn't generally accepted as it once was and has been on the decline. These ideas, with the aid of the media and internet have become solidly imbedded into the culture. One of my granddaughters is scared of guns and won't let me teach her firearms safety and basic marksmanship. Her parents are fine with it and own firearms and her younger sister has already been trained. This Representative Lucas is not a friend of gun owners by exhibiting this kind of behavior. "You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar!" We make more friends by being calm and using statistics and logic. It is better to take baby steps before stomping around in muck boots.
    Did you watch the video?

If you did, what behavior was so bad?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    By exhibiting what kind of behavior, precisely? Please be specific.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So where did the irrational fear of an inanimate object come from? Why does the family accept it without helping correct it? It will only grow worse for her…

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, if someone "prints", they are exhibiting bad behavior?

What other perfectly legal actions do we have to be careful of?

Don't let people see us driving a car?

Don't let people see us protest?

Don't take a picture in front of a church?

He did NOT whip his gun out and wave it around.
    He did NOT point it at anyone.
    He did not say, ".. and if anyone gives me any trouble... BAM BAM BAM".

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I didn't say that I was incapable of describing the behavior on the video, you did. If you saw the video, you can describe it.
    Nope. You're the one who claimed something about the behavior. Thus, you bear the burden of describing how the behavior fits your claim.

This is the second time you've failed to support your claim and instead opted for logical fallacy. At this point, you demonstrate your inability (or unwillingness) to defend your claim. So be it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    So where did the irrational fear of an inanimate object come from? Why does the family accept it without helping correct it? It will only grow worse for her…
    I don't know. Her parents have discussed it with her. How do you know that it will only get worse?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Some of our so called brethren of the gun have fallen for the trope put out by anti gunners that any mention or display of a firearm is traumatizing…
    There is a place and time for everything. People who don't understand how some things affect others are caught in a merry-go-round of their own ideas.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It isn't offensive to me, but I am not the targeted audience. Anyone think that Lucas won over anyone there to our side?
    This line is such bull****. Nothing he could have said, done or not done was going to to "win" any of these people over. And "our side"? Fudds like this are not on "my side". We need to realize that the left and people like this are on the offensive with the sole intent to disarm the entire public. There isn't a single action any pro-firearm person can do that will not be twisted by these people and their minions at the MSM to be something horrific and terrible.

No. He did nothing wrong and no one came to that conversation with the actual intent to have their mind changed.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It isn't offensive to me, but I am not the targeted audience. Anyone think that Lucas won over anyone there to our side?
    I don't know. I doubt they could be won over by anything anyone could say.

Listening to it, he was having a civil conversation with those people. He showed a lot more patience and civility than many of us would have in that situation. In addition to civil conversation he showed that he was carrying a gun. I am still curious as to what the bad behavior was.

Visibility of a gun is not a bad thing in and of itself.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just a thought here: how long did it take for this to go from on the phone outside of an elevator at the Indiana state house… To the national news?

If it was me, or Guy, or Charlie Hilltunin would it have made the news at all?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    This line is such bull****. Nothing he could have said, done or not done was going to to "win" any of these people over. And "our side"? Fudds like this are not on "my side". We need to realize that the left and people like this are on the offensive with the sole intent to disarm the entire public. There isn't a single action any pro-firearm person can do that will not be twisted by these people and their minions at the MSM to be something horrific and terrible.

No. He did nothing wrong and no one came to that conversation with the actual intent to have their mind changed.
    So, you don't think that people can be won over to our side? How sad.

Top Bottom