Breaking news: A white Phoenix police officer gunned down an unarmed black male.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    **** all this shooting and racism, I am watching Peter Pan live on NBC. WALKEN IS KICKING ARSE AS HOOK!!!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My policy of avoiding behaviors that would tend to cause LE to visit my home or drag me out of my car, yell at me to "GET ON THE GROUND", wrestle my hands, etc. seems to be working pretty well in me avoiding getting shot.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My policy of avoiding behaviors that would tend to cause LE to visit my home or drag me out of my car, yell at me to "GET ON THE GROUND", wrestle my hands, etc. seems to be working pretty well in me avoiding getting shot.

Amen brother! I just had a serious chat with my son about police cooperation. We have talked about it in the past but we just had a tuneup course! My fear is the police won't go after black criminals for fear of reprisal. That scares me. I am not looking forward to that kind of society.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

This logic is so sound maybe we should have it engraved on the courthouse steps

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This logic is so sound maybe we should have it engraved on the courthouse steps

It's surprisingly easy to do too.

Just don't break the law. They really don't keep them a secret. Many of them are stupid and/or unconstitutional but it can't be a secret that you'll go to jail for robbing a convenience store, selling dope, selling untaxed cigarettes out in public, etc. Just don't do it and the cops tend to leave you be and go after the guys and gals that do.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Of course there can't be any video, it would stand to contradict the eyewitness accounts that reinforce the narrative. If there's video, they'll find it and so will nobody else.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You know who DOESN'T get shot? People who comply with orders, don't make furtive movements, and don't fight. This works for people of all ages, races, etc.

Not getting shot by the good guys, including armed private citizens, is actually a pretty easy concept and not one based in race. Liquor store clerks don't shoot based on race, they shoot based on who's robbing them.

Perhaps, JUST PERHAPS, it's about behavior, not about race.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You know who DOESN'T get shot? People who comply with orders, don't make furtive movements, and don't fight. This works for people of all ages, races, etc.

I have to disagree with you. Most of the GSW's I see that are not self-inflected were simply sitting on their porch minding their own business when some dude, or group of dudes, ran up and shot them. Of course it's 11:30p and they're drunk and/or high, but if not for those dudes, they'd be fine.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I understand many enjoy these stories by the press, even though the press is called out for "race baiting". However, I have spent all day today, speaking with students of all colors about the recent happenings. Some have expressed sentiments very similar to what is read on this forum, while others believe they have reason to fear for their well being. Talking to them, I discovered their information was coming and feeling shaped by social media sites and discussion forums. I will work to bring understanding and unity among these students, regardless of the example their elders are providing. This will end! And "this" has nothing to do with crime, but sustained division and continued hate.

I know my words won't mean much, but please understand the impact your words have on our youth... maybe those in your very homes. So, if or when you encounter a young person emulating you and parroting your words, understand how it happened.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Years ago I would get stopped at least three or four times a week while on my motorcycle. There was many times that I knew I had more firepower on me then the officer did at that time. I'm sure there was times that the officer knew I had more firepower then he did. So how is it that a biker armed to the teeth is never seen as a threat, never gets shot. But unarmed black men are getting mowed down like weeds. Maybe it's because even a window licking, helmet wearing, short bus riding , midget loving idiot like me knows that when a cop asks me to stop, I stop! Asks me to put my hands behind my back, I put my hands behind my back. If I am being treated unfairly I'll let my lawyer take care of that. But someone gotta start teaching these kids to stop being morons. If you act like a threat, you'll be treated like a threat. Parenting is a lost art!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I understand many enjoy these stories by the press, even though the press is called out for "race baiting". However, I have spent all day today, speaking with students of all colors about the recent happenings. Some have expressed sentiments very similar to what is read on this forum, while others believe they have reason to fear for their well being. Talking to them, I discovered their information was coming and feeling shaped by social media sites and discussion forums. I will work to bring understanding and unity among these students, regardless of the example their elders are providing. This will end! And "this" has nothing to do with crime, but sustained division and continued hate.

I know my words won't mean much, but please understand the impact your words have on our youth... maybe those in your very homes. So, if or when you encounter a young person emulating you and parroting your words, understand how it happened.

Years ago I would get stopped at least three or four times a week while on my motorcycle. There was many times that I knew I had more firepower on me then the officer did at that time. I'm sure there was times that the officer knew I had more firepower then he did. So how is it that a biker armed to the teeth is never seen as a threat, never gets shot. But unarmed black men are getting mowed down like weeds. Maybe it's because even a window licking, helmet wearing, short bus riding , midget loving idiot like me knows that when a cop asks me to stop, I stop! Asks me to put my hands behind my back, I put my hands behind my back. If I am being treated unfairly I'll let my lawyer take care of that. But someone gotta start teaching these kids to stop being morons. If you act like a threat, you'll be treated like a threat. Parenting is a lost art!

Preach it brothers!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I grew up with the same "Respect" for LEO. Deserved or not they received it from me. Not to comply only sends an already tense situation up the scale.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Another unarmed black male shot by police.

Another? Which other are you referring to? Last one remotely close to what you're describing happened in Ferguson, MO... and the "unarmed" perp was attacking the officer and trying to become armed.

Saying "another" like it's an epidemic without the nuances that each story has is very, very misleading and disingenuous.

Rather than boil these incidents down into the most basic "man shoots man"... or selectively add identifiers like "white man shoots black man"... then cherry pick another detail that is often irrelevent "white man shoots unarmed black man"... doesn't tell the whole story. It's often clickbait, and once all the details are added it's less of a story. "White officer shoots black man that was attacking him and trying to take his firearm."

Doesn't have the same ring to it, I guess.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

You're a midget lover???!!!:runaway::scared:

In all seriousness though with a nod to what Que said as well as SkullDaddy, kids aren't being taught to respect the law anymore or much of anything for that matter. Thru the me first, "No honey you're a good baby" helicopter parenting, no parenting, peer pressure lives that kids are having to try and grow up through/with it's no wonder they respect very little. All they are hearing is that it's us vs. them and they are acting out on it. During one of the "typical Chicago weekends" this past summer an article highlighted a particular weekend in which a 13 year old girl was shot dead. There were all the usual "she's was a good girl" defenders but the writer of the article did a lot of research and found LOTS of evidence to the contrary. When questioning her friends about her death they didn't seem too concerned because they said that it was how they rolled. Rival gangs, groups, youth organizations, whatever you want to call them would kill someone from another gang so you retaliated. That's just the way it was and in their eyes it was normal.

Until you change the lack of respect for everything, nothing will change.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You're a midget lover???!!!:runaway::scared:

In all seriousness though with a nod to what Que said as well as SkullDaddy, kids aren't being taught to respect the law anymore or much of anything for that matter. Thru the me first, "No honey you're a good baby" helicopter parenting, no parenting, peer pressure lives that kids are having to try and grow up through/with it's no wonder they respect very little. All they are hearing is that it's us vs. them and they are acting out on it. During one of the "typical Chicago weekends" this past summer an article highlighted a particular weekend in which a 13 year old girl was shot dead. There were all the usual "she's was a good girl" defenders but the writer of the article did a lot of research and found LOTS of evidence to the contrary. When questioning her friends about her death they didn't seem too concerned because they said that it was how they rolled. Rival gangs, groups, youth organizations, whatever you want to call them would kill someone from another gang so you retaliated. That's just the way it was and in their eyes it was normal.

Until you change the lack of respect for everything, nothing will change.

Are you talking about the shooter or the victim? If it's the victim, what type of evidence (and why would it matter) can you dig up on a 13 year old that's in the public domain?

Top Bottom