• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This was at Point Bland Monday (3/16) dialing the sights on this Browning Camper I picked up with a Tactical Solutions barrel on it.
    If I thought I actually could come close to shooting the best, I would have used CCI ammo instead of the Rem. G.B. :dunno:

The top & middle targets and the corresponding "+" that I drew were all shot on a rest, which was not in the shooting parameters. :nono:
    The bottom 2 targets & the corresponding "+" were shot free hand & were certainly not up to the shooting submitted, but I enjoyed giving it my best shot anyway (yes, pun intended). :)
    SwzwMfj.jpg

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If you guys can measure your best group with a micrometer or tape measure then post them. It would be a lot easier.

Doddg that one group for the MK3 #2 target using rest is pretty good. Are you practicing to win a stuffed bear at the fair?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    With iron sights and a Tactical Solutions lightweight barrel, this is as good as I can do unsupported. I remember shooting this at my cabin property a while back, and had walked-off the distance as 10 yards.
    I'm probably already beat .... but thought that the contest could use at least one more entry.

Thanks, DadSmith ..... giving away the magazine is a cool idea ! :yesway:

i-gkQwPNS-XL.jpg

I don't know anyone that has a Buckmark to give it to. I don't like seeing it collecting dust when someone could actually use it.

So figured this might be a fun way to give it away.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you guys can measure your best group with a micrometer or tape measure then post them. It would be a lot easier.

Doddg that one group for the MK3 #2 target using rest is pretty good. Are you practicing to win a stuffed bear at the fair?

Funny thing about that: I shot in a sequence starting with target @2 first (after shooting 10 mags on another target adjusting sights.
    I then trying to adjust a little to the right for POI to be centered more perfectly for target #1 that I shot next, but turned the screw a click in the wrong direction.
    Nest, the middle target, #3, was more centered but the group was nowhere near as good as target #1. :ugh:
    Do you think I might be the X factor here and the poster child for "the gun shoots better than I do?"
    The bottom targets where really off since I was shooting free hand like we were suppose to do, but I did it for a reality check. :laugh:

Then I couldn't continue shooting b/c I was getting light strikes after about 12-13 mags, then quit firing at all about 8 times in a row, so I had to stop.
    I couldn't even see a strike on the rim at all toward the end.
    I figure the firing pin broke or something went out of adjustment? :dunno:
    If I remember correctly, I could still hear the firing pin when I pulled the trigger, but maybe that stopped near the end, just don't remember now.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

I don't even own a micrometer, and that target center is long, long gone. Sorry ! :)

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Finally got some time at the range with my two (daughter’s) Buckmarks. Both pistols are as they came from the factory, except the Camper with Rose grips. That one sports Williams Fire Sights. Targets have 1/4” grid lines.

Here’s the pistols. Buckmark Plus UDX on top and Camper with Rose grips on bottom.

wZ2DrSi.jpg

Here’s the target that I’m posting for score (only one per contestant according to the rules). This is from the UDX pistol.

piNM84N.jpg

Just for show, here’s the UDX target after final sight adjustment.

Z60IWiL.jpg

Also just for show, here’s the best target from the Camper with Rose grips.

BQePO8m.jpg

Someday I hope to have a Buckmark all for myself and really get serious with a .22LR pistol. If I win this contest, I suppose that I will have no choice but to buy a Buckmark to go with the new magazine!

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I wish I could say I called those flyers. I'm used to calling my shots with a rifle and am o.k. at it, but still need practice with pistols.

I had at least one flyer in each group whether I was sighting in or shooting for score ... no understanding why or when it occurred in the shot string.

Maybe it's the fiber optic sight? I tried to concentrate on holding the top of the front sight at the same point while lining up the front sight with rear sight ... there is a lot of glow that makes it hard to really know where the top of the post is though. I suppose I can try swapping out the front sight with a solid post to see what difference that makes ... more practice ... just more practice.

Good thing I stocked up on ammo the past few years.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Dadsmith If you guys can measure your best group with a micrometer or tape measure then post them. It would be a lot easier.

I was looking over this thread and admiring the shot placement of TJ Kackowsk, and I noticed I had posted that MK3 target & wondered, "What was I thinking?" and took it out since this was a thread on the Browning.
    I must have gotten carried away and forgot that the target I was positing wasn't from a Browning. :dunno:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Well, I never got a new firing pin, but I figured I’d give it a shot, and see if I could get it to go bang ten times. Probably pulled the trigger 25 plus times, but eventually I got 10 rounds to fire. The two flyers killed the group, but, I should have ordered a new firing pin.

kK7MbLm.jpg

9ZwQF71.jpg

XMkXXCB.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Well, I never got a new firing pin, but I figured I’d give it a shot, and see if I could get it to go bang ten times. Probably pulled the trigger 25 plus times, but eventually I got 10 rounds to fire. The two flyers killed the group, but, I should have ordered a new firing pin.

kK7MbLm.jpg

9ZwQF71.jpg

XMkXXCB.jpg

:wow: Impressive! I can't do that at 20' with any gun even with a rest.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Well heck ..... for some reason, I didn't think that an optic was allowed, and that you had to use iron sights. But, going back to the first post from the OP, I guess he didn't specify.

It looks like KJQ will be hauling home the bacon. That's OK .... he's a good dude, and my amigo ! :)

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Well heck ..... for some reason, I didn't think that an optic was allowed, and that you had to use iron sights. But, going back to the first post from the OP, I guess he didn't specify.

It looks like KJQ will be hauling home the bacon. That's OK .... he's a good dude, and my amigo ! :)
    I just wanted to play for fun. Hell, I think my Buckmark is cheating.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

kK7MbLm.jpg

9ZwQF71.jpg

XMkXXCB.jpg

Good shooting KJ

5 days left guys.
    Thanks for participating.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County

Don't be too quick to award the prize to KJQ ... I don't disagree that he's a good dude, but I'm pretty sure that the 1981 penny was a special mintage and is 1" in diameter!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    KJ is the winner. I'll get the magazine shipped as soon as you PM me your mailing address.

To those who participated thank you for making it fun.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom