• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I had a standard 5.5" and got a Weigand base, slapped a 1 MOA reddot on it.
    The trigger was stock, and pretty decent.
    Was a darn good shooter.
    Better trigger and maybe match ammo it'd proly been scary good.

As it was, good enough to run IHMSA. Two screw base mounting, they tend to come loose pretty easy. Best loctite it (blue).

Pops had the 5.5 target, 10 inch target and 14 inch target.
    Id like the no sight 10" "Varmint" model.

But prices have gone beyond silly IMHO.

I wouldn't mind the 5.5 target w a slab sided bbl. The target version get me the over travel trigger adj and adjustable sear.
    But I like the field slab sided bbls for looks.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    KJ is the winner. I'll get the magazine shipped as soon as you PM me your mailing address.

To those who participated thank you for making it fun.
    I’d like to thank you for hosting this DadSmith, but, I would like to defer to TJ. He shot some very impressive groups with half the barrel, and iron sights. My pistol really is cheating, I think TJ won this fair and square.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I’d like to thank you for hosting this DadSmith, but, I would like to defer to TJ. He shot some very impressive groups with half the barrel, and iron sights. My pistol really is cheating, I think TJ won this fair and square.

Well we can do that no problem.
    TJ I need your address and as soon as I get it I'll ship it to you.

crazygunner1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Kokomo
    “A man's got to do what a man's got to do.” - John Wayne

A man's got to do whatever it takes to get what a man want. I super agree with you DadSmith. I wish I could participate but this Covid-19 madness ruined it all. Looking forward to finding out wins the competition. Cheers to everyone that is going to participate and that have participated.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County

KJ, I humbly accept your concession. It is a pleasant surprise to be named the winner of this competition, even if it is only because you are such a good dude. Truth be told, I expected many more entries.

For grins, I got my hands on one of those speical minted 1981 pennies and placed it on my target.

tzEmzHp.jpg

9RHqh7a.jpg

If it wasn’t for that damn flyer, I might have won outright. At the very least forced a shoot off … I need more practice or maybe a nice piece of glass. Any recommendations?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    KJ, I humbly accept your concession. It is a pleasant surprise to be named the winner of this competition, even if it is only because you are such a good dude. Truth be told, I expected many more entries.

For grins, I got my hands on one of those speical minted 1981 pennies and placed it on my target.

tzEmzHp.jpg

9RHqh7a.jpg

If it wasn’t for that damn flyer, I might have won outright. At the very least forced a shoot off … I need more practice or maybe a nice piece of glass. Any recommendations?
    TJ, congratulations on an outstanding target and some very impressive marksmanship. You earned this sir! Well done.

Top Bottom