• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfb33b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    By far the lowest price I could find, and very fast shipping as they are located right in Lexington. Usually can have it next day if you order it before 4:00PM.

Also give you multiple FFL dealers to pick from for transfer. My preferred is Diane up in Westfield. She only charges $10.00.

anyway here is a link. Good luck.

Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I love Buds!! They are way cheaper than any online retailer and they completely blow away any of my local dealers by a lot. The best part...NO TAX + FREE SHIPPING!!! Can't be beat!!!:ingo:

Uncle Lee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Tell City
    I will give Bud's an A+ also.
    I have bought 4 from them and got excellent service every time.
    I use their site to check prices on guns that I see for sale. I never buy without checking Bud's first.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Anyone else notice how it is all low thread counts in this thread? :dunno: Guys, we try to support the SPONSORS of this site. They help keep it going and we like to keep the money local!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Anyone else notice how it is all low thread counts in this thread? :dunno: Guys, we try to support the SPONSORS of this site. They help keep it going and we like to keep the money local!

I don't see an issue with shopping around and purchasing from wherever someone feels they are getting the best combination of price and service. I have not ordered from Buds as yet, but don't have an issue with anyone who would. Likely if they deal with an FFL during a Buds purchase who provides good service then they may make a follow up purchase from that FFL.

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    I understand supporting Local - but I understand how and why e-commerce has changed things.

This week I went into a local shop to check out a handgun - I had something specific in mind.

The guy at the counter was nice enough - answered my questions, I tried to keep my questions reasonable and not sound like too much an noob (though it's obvious)

I think he mis-read the situation because instead of "selling me" what I wanted to see - he kept pushing me towards Glock... repeatedly. So I looked, and I listened - and I said thanks.

And I came home and ordered my 2nd handgun from Buds. The one I went in to buy locally.

All in in all, it was cheaper - less intimidating for me, and I got exactly what I wanted.

And yea - low post count.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN

Who cares about post count? He could easily come back and say he joined the same month/year as you, and that you apparently have no life because you're averaging like a zillion posts a day...but he didn't.

Some people don't feel comfortable walking into gun shops. Some people might have had bad experiences at one store or another, and now choose to buy online. Some people may just want to save some cash. Everyone has their reasons.

THIS thread is about Buds Gun Shop, and as an online vendor, I really like their pricing and I've had good success with their customer service (one of their "hit or miss" areas). I've bought 5 guns from Buds and will continue to give them my business.

My last two guns, I PM'd two of the Site Sponsors about pricing. One got back to me and told me they can't touch Buds price and told me to buy from Buds, but would do the FFL transfer. I used them for the FFL transfer. One never even responded and is active on this forum. So, they won't be getting any more opportunities at my business. So, merely because someone is a Site Sponsor doesn't make them a great business. :twocents:

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Also, those of us that live in the Indy area tend to forget that this board is for "Indiana" gun owners, not "Indianapolis" gun owners. For a lot of people, it would be several hours drive to get to Bradis, 21st century, and many of the other sponsors.

No, I've never bought from Bud's, but I have done one online purchase in the past. Of the dozen or so guns I've bought, all but one came from local stores, but I understand not everyone has multiple local options for comparisons.

speednut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Just bought an XDM Bi-Tone 3.8 9mm from Bud's. They were cheaper than anybody. $606.00 total shipped free, no tax and had it in 3 days. Transfer from my FFL was only $10 too. A+++ all the way!

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    I will go wherever my money goes the farthest, I buy alot of guns local to my hometown but at the same time if i can go online and save a hundred or two in some cases thats what i will do . I have mouths to feed also ...Just my two cents

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    oh and one other thing , maybe just maybe if there was not so much critiquing on here about what people do or say i bet alot better conversation would emerge ....once again just my two cents

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Im actually ordering thru buds becuase no one else can get the gun in my case. I have even talked with my local FFL as he wants the gun and cant get it thru his distributors.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Buy the Darn thing where you want to. I buy where I can, sometimes from a sponsor and sometimes Not. I've Not Bought from Bud's yet But have been tempted :yesway:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I will go wherever my money goes the farthest...
    I don't have a problem with that, but if the LGS can come reasonably close I am going with the local guy. It is too my benefit for the LGS to stay in business, but it is also to my benefit for him to have to compete for it!

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI

That would be like going to your local gun store and handing him $50-60 just so he could stay in business. Thread count has nothing to do with saving money.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I have no issue with people buying where they find a deal but remember if the local FFL does not stay in business there will no where for you to get that transfer from Buds.

Top Bottom