• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    yes that is very true about the ffl not being there, but at the same time im not going to make someone rich either while i spend 100 plus more on the same gun not including sales tax

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    341   0   1
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I'm a preferred FFL on the Bud's Gun Shop website. I'm happy to do transfers for anyone. Cost - $20. The markup on firearms is SO low to begin with, I'd rather do transfers than nothing at all.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I will say it again...after the high prices and being forced to look at a crappy gun bc I look poor...has turned me onto buds...that and no sales tax.

Plus the local guy doesn't let u carry a loaded gun in unless u r buddy buddy.

20 bucks for the transfer is all he gets...I was going to buy a bunch of ammo, but he turned me off to that idea too.

jcharrison05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Richmond
    Aszerigan;225035T4 said:
    I'm a preferred FFL on the Bud's Gun Shop website. I'm happy to do transfers for anyone. Cost - $20. The markup on firearms is SO low to begin with, I'd rather do transfers than nothing at all.
    Thank you. I have only shopped locally but have considered using Buds and always when looking to buy I check Buds prices first. Its just easier to do. Some business is better than no business at all.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Bud's has an awesome selection, but if they are your best option pricewise I feel for you. However the situation where I am is different it would seem. Dealers here would rather sell their own inventory than do transfers for other dealers so prices are lower.FFL transfers run higher and most require sales tax on sales whether transfers or from in stock goods.
    I live on the KY border,have worked there for 30 years and do much gun business at local shops there. I do understand the concept of paying the least, but if the difference is minimal I buy locally. I don't want to have to order every cleaning jag or bore mop or whatever from afar.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    yes that is very true about the ffl not being there, but at the same time im not going to make someone rich either while i spend 100 plus more on the same gun not including sales tax

You are going to have to buy A LOT of guns to make someone rich. FFLs arent getting rich because they wont price at Buds level. Most of them cannot buy them for what Buds can. They put them at whatever price they need to stay in business.

But the sales tax excuse for not buying locally is bunk imo. First of all its not the local guys fault they have to charge tax, its not fair to penalize them for that. Secondly, you are legally supposed to declare out of state purchases on your state income taxes. If you don't, that is between you and the state of Indiana, but lets just say its not really that hard to track your credit card purchases if they feel the need to pursue it. So if you buy out of state, pay cash lol.

Bud's has an awesome selection, but if they are your best option pricewise I feel for you. However the situation where I am is different it would seem. Dealers here would rather sell their own inventory than do transfers for other dealers so prices are lower.FFL transfers run higher and most require sales tax on sales whether transfers or from in stock goods.
    I live on the KY border,have worked there for 30 years and do much gun business at local shops there. I do understand the concept of paying the least, but if the difference is minimal I buy locally. I don't want to have to order every cleaning jag or bore mop or whatever from afar.

I do not think an FFL can legally charge you sales tax on something they are doing the transfer on. They aren't selling the item to you, they are providing a service not a product. If they are, they are pocketing that $$ and adding it to their FFL fee they charge.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    You may very well be right. I don't know and since Bud's prices alone( before any FFL fees)are usually as high or higher than area shops I haven't given this much effort to make doable.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Buds cancelled my layaway (after I switched guns and the guy waived the restocking fee) and then sold out before the money got back into my account. Not very happy. Might just buy a RIA from centerfire systems...they are cheaper.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Buds cancelled my layaway (after I switched guns and the guy waived the restocking fee) and then sold out before the money got back into my account. Not very happy. Might just buy a RIA from centerfire systems...they are cheaper.

Or better yet, give 21st Century, Ranger Supply, DTOM, or any of the other gun shops within 30-45 minutes of you a call and get your gun today or within a couple and not have to worry about a third party.

I know Ranger had a Compact RIA and a 5" tactical in stock the other day. DTOM ordered my 4" and I got it in a couple days.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Word to the wise, don't be so quick to write off the local gun shops. Last month I purchased a FNP9 from Bradis that with tax was the same exact price as buying from Buds and paying the transfer fee (assuming only a $10 transfer fee). Plus Bradis included two extra magazines. Bradis was a much better deal and I got to handle the gun before purchase. Buds will not always be a better deal, not as long as Bradis runs monthly specials. ;)

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    See my post about a recent experience with Bud's. Murphy's Law in action.

However, have had good luck with them in the past.

Top Bottom