• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    I forgot to finish this...............urgh.............pain meds............

I stopped at Bud's Guns in Lexington on Friday. The store is located off I-64 SB, exit 113 and easy to find. The building is brand new with a large parking lot.

I was greeted by a clerk as I walked in. She asked if I need any help or is this my first time to Buds. That is a good question as Buds store is twice as big as Point Blank in Greenwood.

The showroom is easy to navigate, well lighted and stocked with the common variety of after market parts for AR's, 1911, Glocks, holsters, etc.

Surprisingly shotguns, AR's, semi-automatic and bolt action rifles are on the show room floor. Guns hang from wall racks and are stacked on floor stands. The rifles are NOT chained down nor any trigger locks installed. Starting with a single shot survival rifle to a top of the line Daniel Defense AR you can touch, feel, fondle and in my case, caress any gun there. Having no shame for a Daniel Defense AR I wanted more than it could give me in the store. Sigh.........

My estimate is 250 rifles of all calibers and types are there waiting to be fondled and taken home. The clerks are good as they left me alone yet were there when I had a question.

The selection of handguns is extensive and it has to be based on what I saw and heard. I overheard 5 individuals, 2 with their wife or girl friend buying a hand gun for protection.

In no particular order I heard this or very close to it,

1. There is a very large selection of handguns all of which are behind the counter.
    2. Clerks start with top tier handguns for self defense. If the customer was cautious because of the price the clerk would either drop the caliber down or get another gun.
    3. One clerk was trying to sell a $$$ 1911 to a customer when suddenly I hear the customer say "What is the difference between concealed carry and open carry?" TRUE
    4. Some people put more time and effort into buying a loaf of bread than a gun.

These conversations are the same ones I hear at GM. etc. Must be a "Big Box" thing.

Gun rentals?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yes they do!

Easily the most extensive pistol and rifle rental collection I have ever seen. This is the place to bring a first time shooter or soon to be gun owner. The range is state of the art.

If you are near Lexington, Buds is a nice way to kill an hour or so. I glad I did.

Last edited:

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    Let me tell you about Bud's...

On second thought, I don't want to implode

c50a046a_Pissed-off.gif

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If this had been an actual emergency, you would have been instructed to place your head between your knees and kiss your donkey goodbye...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    "C"............always "C" on multiple choice.

When in doubt pick "C" is one method. There is the "3 long and 1 short answer pick the short; 3 short and 1 long pick the long; all same length pick C" method. I heard that one from a SMSgt so he'd have been successful 4 times. He also mentioned studying, a lot.

Top Bottom