• ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Nope.

When I do carry a back up (not often any more) it's a 642 in a left pocket. Easy to get to and use left handed if something happens to the right hand/arm. Don't need both hands to operate it. Primary is always at 4 0'clock either IWB or OWB. The primary may change now and then but the BUG is always the same. It's hard enough to do things properly weak handed without changing things around. Been doing it that way since the 90s.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not me.

I don't see a good way to retain two guns on your belt should you become entangled and both were exposed (and the same could be said for a gun and, say, a fixed blade knife).

I see my BUG as an alternate primary, not a backup to a failed gun. As such I like to use two carry positions that help cover each other's weaknesses. I don't see how two belt mounted guns could do that.

Finally, I've got enough stuff on my belt. My off duty mimics my on duty, and on duty I've no idea where I'd put a second gun on my belt.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I carry my bug on my ankle, if I carry one at all

Why not on my belt: I think it's unnecessarily redundant. In my estimation, my bug is most useful for a second person and I really just want it out of the way.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Not me.

I don't see a good way to retain two guns on your belt should you become entangled and both were exposed (and the same could be said for a gun and, say, a fixed blade knife).

This is the primary issue I see with carrying a BUG in general, or too many extra weapons in general. In an entanglement or arms-reach type situation, it's too many things to think about. What is accessible to me may well be accessible to him.

Pocket carry could be an option, but I think its too difficult to access reliably when seated, in a car, an entangled fight, defending yourself from the ground, etc (depending on style of pants, I guess). I also like to keep other stuff in my pockets.

I'm not opposed to Ankle carry, but that puts it far away. There are only a few situations where the ankle provides an advantage. Usually it just seems slow and limits movement during the draw.

For those reasons, I just carry the one. If I were going to do it, I'd probably consider carrying on the left side or appendix position just for consistency.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Pocket carry could be an option, but I think its too difficult to access reliably when seated, in a car, an entangled fight, defending yourself from the ground, etc (depending on style of pants, I guess). I also like to keep other stuff in my pockets.

All true, but it's an ideal partner to a belt carried gun, IMO. Very easy to conceal the draw when they expect you to dip into your pocket to give up a wallet, cell phone, etc.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You guys think "either - or" too much.

This is a situation where "yes" is the answer. On the belt? Yes. In the pocket? Yes. On the ankle? Yes.

Top Bottom