• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If there is not enough room on the belt how in the hell can there be room for a rhino?

Good point. Maybe I can get a lil' wagon to pull him around. Then I wouldn't even need a primary gun rubbing my love handles all day. All I know is that someday when the zombies come the best place to be is behind Rhino. Cover, concealment, extra ammo, tourniquet, knife all in one portable package.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Good point. Maybe I can get a lil' wagon to pull him around. Then I wouldn't even need a primary gun rubbing my love handles all day. All I know is that someday when the zombies come the best place to be is behind Rhino. Cover, concealment, extra ammo, tourniquet, knife all in one portable package.
    If you would become that entrenched the danger of the enemy calling in an airstrike would be high if the enemy had the capability.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Left hand jacket pocket, if carried. IMO the most likely scenario where the primary is unavailable is if an attacker is in close on my right side. It seems to me a belly gun in the left hand is a good response and would, hopefully, clear this situation up so the primary would become available again.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If you would become that entrenched the danger of the enemy calling in an airstrike would be high if the enemy had the capability.

That's why I'm having a surplus Phalanx System installed the third week of June. Better to have it and not need it, right?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I carry a Glock 19, so I'll most likely never need a BUG. But if I carried an inferior gun, such as a revolver or 1911, then yes I'd be carrying not 1, but 2 back up guns.

Never A Victim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hamilton County
    I carry an air weight SW revolver in my pocket, opposite my primary carry gun. By no means am I an advocate for revolver carry, unless its a back up. I also like the benefits of an entangled encounter where I feel the revolver excels. I used to carry my back up on my ankle, but i wanted something for me to carry with shorts, and putting another gun in my waist band just wasnt working for me.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I carry an air weight SW revolver in my pocket, opposite my primary carry gun. By no means am I an advocate for revolver carry, unless its a back up. I also like the benefits of an entangled encounter where I feel the revolver excels. I used to carry my back up on my ankle, but i wanted something for me to carry with shorts, and putting another gun in my waist band just wasnt working for me.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/393716-do-revolvers-suck.html

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I carry a Glock 19, so I'll most likely never need a BUG. But if I carried an inferior gun, such as a revolver or 1911, then yes I'd be carrying not 1, but 2 back up guns.

I prefer to carry a 1911, a revolver on my ankle and an LCP in my weak side pocket. I figure I have a better then 90% chance of one of them working.

When I carry a Glock 19 there is no room left for a BUG with all the extra magazines on my belt. I figure if I need the gun I might actually need to hit the target and with all the extra ammo maybe I will get lucky.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    All true, but it's an ideal partner to a belt carried gun, IMO. Very easy to conceal the draw when they expect you to dip into your pocket to give up a wallet, cell phone, etc.

Absolutely this.

I feel like the most likely threats to me in my daily life are a random stick up or some disgruntled co-worker deciding to shoot up the office one day.

A gun in a front pocket helps conceal a draw in both of those scenarios.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I OC a 1911A1 strong side OWB and a Bond Backup semi CC AIWB strong side. I am considering a Shield 45 CC ankle holster strong side of weak side leg.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't frequently carry a BUG on body. That said, I have a weak hand holster for the belt that gets the occasional workout as does the pocket holster. My biggest concern is to be familiar and practiced weak hand only with a ready-to-go setup in the event of injury or primary hand loss of any sort.

I try to shoot at least a competition or two per month. Shooting sports frequently require weak hand shooting, that tells me where I am weak handed.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    With all these people carrying two guns I'm going to start working on wrist and arm control.
    It should be wrists and arms control shouldn't it.

I spent my early years working on that stuff.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I carry a gun because. . . I can't carry the Rhino. :):

You could get the optional accessory wheels in the deluxe package. I roll pretty easily once you get me going. It's an inertia thing.

With all these people carrying two guns I'm going to start working on wrist and arm control.

There is an exercise for that. Just make sure to switch hands or your right forearm will look like Popeye's.

It should be wrists and arms control shouldn't it.

I spent my early years working on that stuff.

:wrongdoor:

Top Bottom