Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    If I get picked out in public to be robbed I feel like I have failed drastically.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If I get picked out in public to be robbed I feel like I have failed drastically.

I want video if that ever happens. Someone with exceptionally poor decision-making skills would be having a very bad day and I'd like to watch it over and over.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC

I've got a sizeable friend who played rugby in the Army and dabbled in MMA. He and his wife were out in town and someone attempted to rob them at knife point. My buddies wife was on the ball. In seeing this unfold she stepped slightly between her husband and the knife wielder and told him that he should probably leave before he got hurt. He did so. I cannot imagine the mindset shift that would have taken place in that would-be robbers mind. Thinking he had the drop and a knife...the upper hand! Can't lose...oh, wait, this dudes wife is telling me to run cause her husband is going to hurt me?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm a lot more concerned about being caught up in someone else's problem than being targeted. First, I carry myself solidly (if that's a description.) Second, I'd like to think that a few hundred training hours and ongoing study have made my awareness good.

Carjacking, convenient store robbery, murder suicide, active shooter, gang/terrorist stuff are my concerns.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

I think most of us feel this way, but it's not always this simple. Anyone who visits a retail shop, grocery store or pharmacy can get caught up in a robbery at the register real quick and through no fault of their own.

I'm a lot more concerned about being caught up in someone else's problem than being targeted. First, I carry myself solidly (if that's a description.) Second, I'd like to think that a few hundred training hours and ongoing study have made my awareness good.

Carjacking, convenient store robbery, murder suicide, active shooter, gang/terrorist stuff are my concerns.

Pretty much this.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I think most of us feel this way, but it's not always this simple. Anyone who visits a retail shop, grocery store or pharmacy can get caught up in a robbery at the register real quick and through no fault of their own.

Pretty much this.

I am thinking along this lines. I understand I can walk right into the middle of things. Never walked into a robbery but I imagine that day maybe coming.

The managing confrontations stuff that Cedartop teaches I use quite a bit. Having watched BBI's Defensive Concepts 2 videos has made me think differently about tactics and focus on my awareness even more.

I do not see a need to change where the guns are carried as they cover my own weak points just fine.

Top Bottom