• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The Ruger has a pin, so dry firing, will not hurt.....

Actually, it looks more like a bar. You may know that already if you have had one apart. Just info for those that haven't seen the inside yet. The barrel has a notch in it that gives the firing pin plenty of clearance. It (the pin) isn't long enough to bottom out in the notch in the barrel. It's a great design. If you replace the barrel you have to make sure the notch lines up. It's kind of hard to do it wrong actually. It becomes pretty obvious if you pay attention when you put the barrel wedge in. It won't line up correctly.

Just some useless info since the thread was hijacked anyway. I loves me a 10-22. I have 4 of the damned things. :ingo:

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    I built a nice one and had over 800 in it by the time I was done and I could have spent more. I got this from Magnum Research for a great deal because I am an NRA Instructor. (I dont sell these but I love them) It is way cheaper to start with this for 4 or 500 and add the ruger trigger upgrade and a scope. I like this so much I sold the one I built.
    GetDynamicImage.aspx

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I built a nice one and had over 800 in it by the time I was done and I could have spent more. I got this from Magnum Research for a great deal because I am an NRA Instructor. (I dont sell these but I love them) It is way cheaper to start with this for 4 or 500 and add the ruger trigger upgrade and a scope. I like this so much I sold the one I built.
    GetDynamicImage.aspx

I have the same one...found I couldn't build it for what I could buy it for....super light

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I built one years back.Mine has a Midway match barrel,that I think might be made by Green Mountain.You have to clean it regularly because of tight tolerances,but it was a great improvement over the stock one.I got lucky,barrel used,and a Fagen keyhole (R,W &Blue U.S shooting team stock) for I think 200.00.I still want to do some trigger work.

Top Bottom