• ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I disagree.

IMHO, the zip gun in the video meets all the same specs as a title I firearm in regards to length. There is essentially no difference between the zip gun and a Mossberg Persuader.

Actually, I believe you are correct. If it were to be less than the barrel length or over all length restrictions I think it would fall into the AOW category under the same criteria as a Serbu.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I disagree.

IMHO, the zip gun in the video meets all the same specs as a title I firearm in regards to length. There is essentially no difference between the zip gun and a Mossberg Persuader.
    I think I am still going to affix a little stock on mine. I think it will look cool and ever make it so I can sight down the barrel if I wish.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    A year from now, someone check to see if "Mr. Copper barrels on the internet" still has that left thumb of his.

Copper Barrels......Jesus H. Christ, don't be THAT guy.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I decided to move froward with this project. I did my first test today. I built a little blast chamber by digging a trench and burying a piece of 3" PVC Then I duct taped a slender board to the barrel and a pvc pipe to the pipe with the firing pin. I also had a couple of pieces of plywood over the blast chamber with a stump sitting on top! I shot 3 rounds of Remington 7 1/2 shot sport loads. The barrel the firing pin and the pipe threads look just like they did when I started.

old man Bill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I would guess that reloading the shells with 2F black powder would be a little less apt to blow up the barrel(s). Smokless, modern, powders are a lot more volatile. I don't know, would that be "safer" or is that even relative here?
    Bill

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I would guess that reloading the shells with 2F black powder would be a little less apt to blow up the barrel(s). Smokless, modern, powders are a lot more volatile. I don't know, would that be "safer" or is that even relative here?
    Bill
    I was going to link this to the BP thread but had not got around to it yet! I have an old thread around here where I talk about making homemade powder. I make a white powder out of nothing but KNO3 fertilizer and sugar. You have to use more of it because it has less energy than BP but I can make it for about $4/ lb

Here is that thread, but all of the photos and stuff have disappeared. I'll have to do an update, I guess!
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition_and_reloading/41690-homemade_black_powder-3.html

Top Bottom