• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    In theory, but I would bet anything you would be lucky to find one out of every 100 people that actually have ammunition stored properly. Maybe even one out of a thousand. I mean realistically you would have to run a dehumidifier 24 hours a day I would assume. Most people just have stuff jammed in a safe in their garage or their closet or something. So I feel like the question is legitimate for the average person anyway.
    You can buy ammo cans at some hardware stores that look like brand new... And you can buy rechargeable desiccant bags or cans reasonably cheap. Recharge them in an oven in January when the humidity is down.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Then buy 5 - 10 cases. Usually you get free shipping with a case order.

I have never seen a price break for multiple cases.
    I haven't either. Never heard any private person order that much at 1 time..not saying it doesn't happen, i just never heard about it and no I'm guna search about it..

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I haven't either. Never heard any private person order that much at 1 time..not saying it doesn't happen, i just never heard about it and no I'm guna search about it..

The issue isn’t the quantity since I am sure people order 5k at a time. I have seen customers come into the gun shop and buy that much ammunition in one trip. The issue is the shipping. Ammunition is heavy! A case of 9mm is 30lbs. I try to max out the shipping when ordering online and the price changes with some online retailers around 12 - 14 boxes.

Don’t get to wrapped up with finding the cheapest price. There are a lot of scams out there primers and ammunition. Take a drive down to AEammo in Greenwood! Now that I have stopped by I can say that I was impressed.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom