• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    You all are missing the point. People steal signs because the can not afford targets. (Pay no attention to the fact that they carry a Colt Python or such.) Where is your social conscience? These poor, disabled people need the federal government to provide them with FREE TARGETS. That's the only way to STOP the INSANITY!!! I'm just sayin...

I may or may not have 2 stop signs that were acquired legally that currently only have the mounting holes in them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There is a certain segment of the population that are a-holes and do things like shoot street signs, all while tell us how "responsible" they are.

For the rest of the shootings, booze or marijuana.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The highway sign pointing to Gunsight, Texas was one that regularly disappeared.
    Made me wonder if maybe Roy just didn't want any more company.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Street lights? Probably just too hard for them to hit from a moving vehicle.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Same people keep taking a baseball bat to my mailbox.

I’m getting paid back 10 fold for all my stupid shenanigans.

These are pretty popular in Amish country where mailboxes are frequently used for batting practice.

Where I used to live, kids would take batting practice on mailboxes during high school graduation week. Some neighborhood teens were shooting at my mailbox in broad daylight. I confronted them and they continued. Called the local police and it stopped. I decided to have the unused brick that was used on my house to have someone construct a brick mailbox/ flower box. That solved the problem! My neighbor did call my mailbox, "Fort Mike" after that.

My In-laws had brick and concrete mailbox until it was taken out in a wreck. The LEO that responded to the wreck advised my FIL not put the brick mailbox back up so he didn't. Apparently the temptation to bash a previously indestructible mailbox was just too much for the nearby teenagers to resist and he went through several mail boxes before coming up with a solution. To help protect the mailbox he built a wooden platform on top of the post that allows the mailbox to swivel out of the way when hit and then he installed a ball hitch on either side of the box itself to protect it from contact. The rig survived an early test and has not been bothered since.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Kirk is fond of making references to a Chicago police commissioner who was found shooting out streetlights while drunk among other shenanigans.

Chicago Police Chief: Booze, Guns and Abuse of Authority - GunsSaveLife.com | GunsSaveLife.com

That is an incredible story. It could only happen in the most corrupt city in the most corrupt state in the USA.

I looked up to see where he is now and he was fired by the mayor in 2015 and now he is running against Emmanuel for mayor of Chicago. What a pig.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    There is a town called "Devon" somewhere or other, and back in the early 80s they were puzzled by the Ns being stolen from signs.

I have a couple of ideas for signs I'll take the fifth on. I did have some little stickers made back in 2009 with ☭bama in yellow on a red that matched the stop sign. I only ever placed a few of those. The only signs I ever perforated were obsolete ones taken over by brush, and I did "four rules" them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kirk is fond of making references to a Chicago police commissioner who was found shooting out streetlights while drunk among other shenanigans.

Chicago Police Chief: Booze, Guns and Abuse of Authority - GunsSaveLife.com | GunsSaveLife.com

I got pulled over in Chicago just so the "officer" could warn not to speed, before I actually did. When he saw my badge, he laughed and said "Oh, you can go as fast as you want." Those guys a hardcore Blue Line. All my potential "bad" run-ins, with Chicago, ended up completely different when when they saw that piece of tin in my wallet.

EGLIDEC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    I know someone who got tired of having kids intentionaly run over or bat their mailbox in the country so they basicly turned it into a concrete and welded metal barrier. I think it took out 1 car and no others have attempted. Of coarse in today's society of sue happy pansys and crooks that person could never say that's the reason they made a reinforced mailbox or face possible liability. It's like how you can't put bear traps in your yard or some trespasser can sue you. Stupid laws

Those "Stupid laws" also protect people involved in unintentional accidents, utility workers, and mail carriers - just to name a few.

Top Bottom