• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'll give some examples of sticker specific crime just to show that it does happen.

A friend of mine had a sticker that said "rush is right". Prior to having the sticker his car had never been vandalized. After the sticker his car was keyed or had a broken window 1-2 times a year (though nothing taken). The last thing done to his car was someone took a matching piece of red sticker and covered up "right" and wrote in marker "fat". Throughout the years i've noticed that posting political opinions on your vehicle lends itself to vandalism later by people who have different bumper stickers.

Back in the 90's a friend of mine worked for a company that repaired phone booths. His vehicle would get broken into multiple times a year no matter where he parked. People were stealing the the chip that makes the "quarter" sound in order to make a "war dialer" (free long distance on any pay phone).

At football games, gyms, and events where you'll likely park your car in a lot and be a captive audience for a long period of time is where bad people like to hit their targets. Most crimes are of opportunity are based on what they can see in the vehicle or know is in the vehicle. That being said, i'm sure an INGO sticker would be fine as it is basic and doesn't say "i own a Glock, and it's probably in this car"

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I agree with Vitamink. The 99% have not figured out what INGO is. It's like stealth mode for 2nd amendment advocates.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I do wear a Vietnam Veteran ball cap occasionally.

I enjoy seeing vets wear those hats, no matter what war they're from. I always smile and try to read it without being awkward when I see one. I look at it as a simple reminder that superheroes really do exist and that they walk among us every day.:patriot:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Not to change the subject (just a joke), do you know what a castrated bear and the World Series have in common ... no Cubs.

And here I used to value your opinion and read your posts. :):

I used to have a STL Rams sticker on my back window, but it faded so I just put a couple of hats back there now. I would gladly put an INGO one back there, because not a lot of people get that. But I have none. When's the INGO shop gonna open up?

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I took off my NRA, USPSA and GLOCK stickers I had on my ride for some time. I wasn't worried about being pulled over (except maybe if I was driving in Illinois) but I figured it made my car more of a target to be broken in to.
    I think an INGO sticker would be fine though because the only people that know what INGO is are probably the folks on INGO.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You might notice (ahem) a, shall we say... correlation... between problems caused by people that have trouble with stickers or such, and the, um, "rightwardness" of the stickers. I had a problem once on a car where I'd displayed a picture of W hogtying a donkey back in 2000. I've never personally noticed a problem experienced by someone displaying, say, a sticker in favor of maybe a Kenyan or something. It's a mystery to me, I tell yas.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    You might notice (ahem) a, shall we say... correlation... between problems caused by people that have trouble with stickers or such, and the, um, "rightwardness" of the stickers. I had a problem once on a car where I'd displayed a picture of W hogtying a donkey back in 2000. I've never personally noticed a problem experienced by someone displaying, say, a sticker in favor of maybe a Kenyan or something. It's a mystery to me, I tell yas.
    Well if it makes you feel any better, when I notice someone with a pro-obummer sticker driving I never let them in line or anything like that...basically they don't get any courteous driving from me and maybe I don't signal when I change lanes in front of them...knowing that I may have annoyed someone dumb enough to support that piece of sh&t makes me feel a little better inside:D

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I put stickers on plexiglass then put that in my window. When I go to a hostile (to gun owner) environment (Canada, Chicago, etc.), I take the stickers down.

straid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I was thinking of putting some sort of decal on my car like a Ruger sticker, INGO, 2ND... But would having something related to firearms on my car make me more likely to be pulled over by a LEO? Right now, no one can tell that my hobby is firearms - all they can tell is that I must be a moron because I'm a Cubs fan... sigh... maybe in another 100 years they'll break that curse!

anyway... thoughts?
    I'll never get the concept of putting bumper stickers on one's cars. It's not like it will change anyone's mind about an issue. You're not going to make an Apple user out of a Windows person, or change a person's mind on who to vote for, or make someone pro-life or pro-choice.

I've mused that it's the form of social-media narcissism that predates twitter. The strangers that are driving behind me don't really care about what causes I'm into. It's basically a bid for attention. The same goes for those "ribbons" that people stick on their cars.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I have a INGO sticker on one car...no problems. My truck has several in the window including.."Cats, natures little speed bumps." an "Body piercing by .45 ACP"....several have rode my bumper then after reading have stopped tail gating......?

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I have an NRA plate and never had an issue. If it gets broken in to they will not find anything but a pen, maybe a phone charger, and about 2 dollars in quarters.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    i really want an ingo sticker for my car. i live in columbus but i will gladly make a special trip for one!!

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    We ship out stickers with all orders and make them available at all shows!

It is always fun to see them out in the wild.

Top Bottom