• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Well, I've seen some pictures of Blade, but not many.

I know the Busse community in Indiana is growning lately, so I thought I'd share some of the future offereings :D.

Sorry for not getting these up earlier, but... I've been tired... I'm mean busy.

Here's some new Swamp Rats, the two on the left are SW's version of Busse's SAR line. These are supprisingly comfortable even for having that, ridge? on the handle. And the bad boy on the right is SW's Warhawk. This thing just reaks of bad a**ness.

Here's the Rodent Rucki, Swamp Rat's version of Busse's Ruck short sword. The handles on these are nice and just long enough for you can get both hands on it. A real close quarters zombie killer. And, the lovely lady on the right, in case you guys have never seen her, is the famous Amy-0.

Okay, on to the REALLY good stuff. From left to right is the Lite Brigade Argonne Assualt, Battle Pappy, and the Lite Brigade Team Gemini. The lite brigade treatment is where they "thin out" the handel, and give a very slight hollow grind edge. Weight is drastically reduced doing this and they still feel strong and beefy.

And here are the Busses that never were, or, the Euro models. From left to right is the Basic 10, Basic 8, Basic 6, and Basic 4. If you notice, the handles aren't the same as the old basics or the B-11, but they are the handles from Scrap Yard's Dogfather. They still feel great and would be a nice way to get some hardcore INFI at a great price.

And here's just a random shot of some of the knives Busse had for sale.

All of the new models will be for sale within the next year. There were no pre orders at Blade this year either, but everyone had a chance at reserving a knife they wanted at regular cost or at a discount if they caught one of the limited tickets thrown out to the crowd.

There were also chances for buying a very limited number of prototypes of a knife called the Ash Whacker. These are like the old SHSHII. They took a skinny ASH blade, made it 6.5, 7.5, or 8.5" and put it on a Bushwhacker Mistress handle. They are great, have fantastic ergos, and will be a great chance of getting an old school design revamped for a new decade.

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics. I had the camera on me the whole time and only took 7 pictures. I was fighting for possible free and discounted knives so I hope you guys understand :D

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Thanks for sharing Mark! As always, great offerings and a strong showing from the good folks at Busse, Swamp Rat, and Scrapyard. I'm going to have to go to Blade next year, one way or another.

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    Well, mines no winner, but I had fun building it with my wifes help!

Theres a bunch of different beers represented, maybe your favorite is there, mines gumball head :D

HogHelmet0.jpg

HogHelmet2.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Theres a bunch of different beers represented, maybe your favorite is there, mines gumball head :D

I've tried a lot of beer in my day, and my favorite is no fancy, good ol' Miller Lite. Or High Life if it's out of a bottle.

What do you mean yours is no winner? I can't wait until Jerry does the online judging, I think you got first :D (who called it :D:rockwoot:)

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    how do i get one of those basic 8's??? thats exactly the style of knife I have been wanting!!! and finish! perfect

Like I said, there was no pre order unless you caught a tag, and even then you have to wait. I'd say the new Basic line will come out after they take the Boss Jack down, but that's just my thinking.

The one on the far left, where can I find info on it? it's not listed on their website.

That was pretty much a Swamp Rat SAR 6. Eric Isaacson didn't give any clues when Swamp Rat would be offering that one either.

Like I said, all knives which made their debut at Blade will be able to buy within a year of the show, so sometime between now and the next 357 or so days

Brad posted 25 pics of the Blade Show did you not see them?

I saw them, but they were of everybody at the show for the most part. Not singled to any company in particular.

I figured some of the Busse guys around here would like to see some of the future offerings :yesway:

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    That was pretty much a Swamp Rat SAR 6. Eric Isaacson didn't give any clues when Swamp Rat would be offering that one either.

Like I said, all knives which made their debut at Blade will be able to buy within a year of the show, so sometime between now and the next 357 or so days

OK so Busse and Swamp rat knives are only available / in production while they are listed on their website?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    mmmmmm basic 8..

Mark, do you remember how thick the 8 was?

Searching through the thread on BF, here is the only thickness I found:

B4- .173-.178

But, I want to say the B6, B8, and B10 have the same thickness as a B11

OK so Busse and Swamp rat knives are only available / in production while they are listed on their website?

Pretty much. You can find older models at shows and through the custom shop. But once they stop making them that's usually it.

And the only people who get the debut knives before they hit the site could be the guys who got the cards, but they might only get them a week before everyone else. I'm not sure how Busse will handle it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom