• ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I fixed it for you ;)
    :): the rats look more appealing to me just because of the price, but i dont like their grip design. i love the grips on the dogfather so when i saw this busse with the unfinished blade i want, and the grip, i like it. but if they want $300+ for it just because it says busse, i will just continue and try to find a used dogfather or settle for a RAT. im sure they are worth it to some but not to me.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    :): the rats look more appealing to me just because of the price, but i dont like their grip design. i love the grips on the dogfather so when i saw this busse with the unfinished blade i want, and the grip, i like it. but if they want $300+ for it just because it says busse, i will just continue and try to find a used dogfather or settle for a RAT. im sure they are worth it to some but not to me.

Not quite how it works. Busse makes his blades out a different steel (INFI for Busses, typically SR77 or SR101 for the Swamp Rats and Scrapyard blades unless otherwise noted. The three companies are related (by family even!), and you're seldom just paying for the name.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Very nice pics - Thanks. Does anyone know when the next "blade" show will be? Info: such as when, where

Blade is held once a year in Atlanta Georgia. It is held around the same time each year, early June.

There used to be a Blade Show West, but I think they got rid of it due to lack of vendors and attendees.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Yep, I'm so jealous. $1,000 bucks doesnt go very far in the land of Busse but you can still pick up a nice blade or two.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Yep, I'm so jealous. $1,000 bucks doesnt go very far in the land of Busse but you can still pick up a nice blade or two.

You mean a FREE knife or two, 3 if you go combat grade, 4 small.

A free knife is a free knife :D

So, Hoosiers won first place at Blade and online, and another Hoosier got 3rd at Blade.

We know how to make beer helmets here :D

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    Thanks guys! I will definatrly post up what i get! Hopefully itll be the basic 4 6 8 10 combo :)

Indiana beer helmets cant be beat!!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Thanks guys! I will definatrly post up what i get! Hopefully itll be the basic 4 6 8 10 combo :)

Indiana beer helmets cant be beat!!

So, David, do I get anything for predicting your first place finish? :D;)

And it's good to show what Hoosiers can do with empty beer cans :rockwoot:

Oh, here's a pic of the other Hoosier helmet :D

It took Eric a whopping 15 minutes in his hotel room to make that, and he came in third :patriot::rockwoot:

And yes, Eric and I made are helmets full functional for drinking. A little vinyl tubing works wonders.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    No, that's not Jerry, way too Italian to be Jerry.

That's ManixJ. Him, Eric, and myself spent a lot of time together down there. We're some of the few that had the stamina to stay up late and drink a lot every night.

Ah, gotcha. I haven't ever met Jerry, and the last pic I saw of him wasn't very recent.

How is manixJ doing? Did he buy up any SFNO's down there at Blade? :D

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Well, I dug and found this pic of Jerry inducting Jeff this past Blade with a Lite Brigade Argonne Assualt

And beleive it or not, Jeff didn't buy any SFNOs down there. Him, myself, and my dad all rode to Fogos together and he said he's starting to diversify his collection, but his last SFNO purchase was amazing. I saw it down at Knob Creek in the spring and it was bought on Friday.

The scales are one piece mammoth tooth, slightly dyed blue, an amazing knife :yesway: And in a short amount of time, Jeff was the 3rd owner of it.

But Jeff did get a lot of custom folders, and even proxied for a guy in Indiana, we stuck together and scored big for the guys he was proxying for.

Oh, while I was digging, I found this pic, the guy on the right is Dan Busse, the owner of Scrap Yard knives, so all you SYKCO fans out there, here you go. He's a great guy just like Jerry. The guy on the left is Rob, he's from Australia.

And yes, these pics were taking when drinking was involved :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom