• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    took my wife gun shopping, she picked out the pink taurus millenium, went home immediately and HAVE NOT taken her gun shopping since! Its very true women shop only with their eyes.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    took my wife gun shopping, she picked out the pink taurus millenium, went home immediately and HAVE NOT taken her gun shopping since! Its very true women shop only with their eyes.

Why haven't you taken her shopping again? Does she like the gun? Have fun shooting it? Shoot it well? If so, she chose wisely.

Adrenaline

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    North Carolina
    OK that is totally not true, about shopping with the eyes only. I shop for all around feel, weight, purpose. A woman who went picked out a gun for looks just has no clue and no real desire to have it as far as I am concerned. There are too many factors.

Thankfully my man NEVER would just buy me a gun without me testing and having an a lucid all around opinion on the matter. I say yes, have the man in your life help, but men ask the right questions. "What do you think of the trigger pull?" "What do you think of the weight?" "Do you like how the recoil is?" ETC. so many questions, yet then truly she will have something she likes and WILL SHOOT! And maybe won't be able to help but wanting another...and another...well you get the picture :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    My girl wants the Charter Arms Lavender Lady... I just put some money down on it for her. She shot a buddy of mine's Gold Finger, but they are essentially the same, I told her just to change ther grip to a Hogue grip, and go from there....

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county

Whats wrong with the millenium?
    the secret to a happy marriage ...let her pick her own guns !!!
    luckily my wife dosent like pink all that much ...but she picks her own guns ..:patriot::ingo:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I have a 38special and I love it. I picked it out alone but had some advice from my bf on the gun itself. I am not interested in having a pink gun and I dont think most women are either. I do around 40 shows a year and pink guns do not sell very well. I do not see a lot of women buying them. So what I see is the fit and the gun itself certainly not the color. I tell lots of women to get involved and buy a gun and of course to buy a knife.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I have a 38special and I love it. I picked it out alone but had some advice from my bf on the gun itself. I am not interested in having a pink gun and I dont think most women are either. I do around 40 shows a year and pink guns do not sell very well. I do not see a lot of women buying them. So what I see is the fit and the gun itself certainly not the color. I tell lots of women to get involved and buy a gun and of course to buy a knife.

My wife hates pink guns. She has, however, informed that she thinks Ruger's rasberry LCP has "personality," and that it will be her next gun.

Here's hoping we can find some .380 ammo LOL.

She also gets far more excited about knives than I do.... do you have a website for your business?

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    After 5 years of me trying to get my wife a bit more cozy to the idea of carrying, she has finally taken me up on it. She just filed for her lifetime LTCH license last month and am shopping around for the proper pistol for her. I've taken my wife to the range and she has shot a buddies P22 and really liked it. I'm pretty sure she is going to end up buying the little Walther. It fits her hand well and she is comfortable with the amount of recoil. She tried a couple of my 9mm's and didn't really like the amount of kick she felt. She is always toting around our 5 yr old son and 2 yr old daughter and doesn't want to carry on her person. She would rather carry in her purse. I know it is not as desirable option, but it beats the alternative of not carrying at all. The P22 is small, but we have been thinking a little smaller option like the Ruger LCP would be a good option. I think the .380 round will give her more stopping power and not too much kick. The only downfall....no safety. We have been very good about teaching our kids to respect daddy's guns and only touch it when it daddy or mommy is with them and made it safe for them to touch. But, we'd like her to have something with a safety. Does anyone know of a small pocket pistol in either .22 or .380 with one? Thanks!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    After 5 years of me trying to get my wife a bit more cozy to the idea of carrying, she has finally taken me up on it. She just filed for her lifetime LTCH license last month and am shopping around for the proper pistol for her. I've taken my wife to the range and she has shot a buddies P22 and really liked it. I'm pretty sure she is going to end up buying the little Walther. It fits her hand well and she is comfortable with the amount of recoil. She tried a couple of my 9mm's and didn't really like the amount of kick she felt. She is always toting around our 5 yr old son and 2 yr old daughter and doesn't want to carry on her person. She would rather carry in her purse. I know it is not as desirable option, but it beats the alternative of not carrying at all. The P22 is small, but we have been thinking a little smaller option like the Ruger LCP would be a good option. I think the .380 round will give her more stopping power and not too much kick. The only downfall....no safety. We have been very good about teaching our kids to respect daddy's guns and only touch it when it daddy or mommy is with them and made it safe for them to touch. But, we'd like her to have something with a safety. Does anyone know of a small pocket pistol in either .22 or .380 with one? Thanks!

Those teensy tiny .380s? Yeah, they can have quite a sting to them. There are plenty of people that find them unpleasant to practice with. If she doesn't like the 9mm, I think it's a pretty good bet she'll not like something like an LCP.

Kids figure out the safety in about 2.78 seconds, btw. What finally prompted my switch to semi-autos from revolvers as my preferred carry guns was the fact that my boy's little hands couldn't rack the slide. So, whenever the gun wasn't on my side, it was chamber empty. Better than a safety, IMHO.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    Those teensy tiny .380s? Yeah, they can have quite a sting to them. There are plenty of people that find them unpleasant to practice with. If she doesn't like the 9mm, I think it's a pretty good bet she'll not like something like an LCP.

Kids figure out the safety in about 2.78 seconds, btw. What finally prompted my switch to semi-autos from revolvers as my preferred carry guns was the fact that my boy's little hands couldn't rack the slide. So, whenever the gun wasn't on my side, it was chamber empty. Better than a safety, IMHO.

Thanks for the heads up on the sting of a .380. I had a buddy of mine recommend that as a option for her purse. I was checking one out this weekend at the local show and am glad I didn't purchase. I think I'm going to stick with the P22 that she has put rounds down range with and feels comfortable. I agree with leaving the chamber empty when not on your person. I've tried to put as many extra steps between one of my kids touching it (and they know they can't unless I'm with them and have cleared it) and something God awful happening. I usually keep my firearms up in the house (on top of my ent. system in living room and fridge) except for my daily carry that goes in the night stand drawer once the kiddos are asleep.

Top Bottom