• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    1. Some people specify the need to see a potential buyers LTCH and IN drivers license. I am wondering the reason(s) behind this practice. What if someone relies on Constitutional Carry and does Not have a LTCH? I understand asking to see a legal identification (ie - drivers license). Especially with the illegal alien invasion.

2. I read the statement or variation thereof “will sell to proper person”. What criteria makes someone a “proper person”! Also, who is the arbiter deciding who is or is not a “proper person”?

I have my LTCH and Indiana drivers license so it wouldn’t be an issue for me. I’m just curious.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I totally agree. No good reason for recording someone’s personal information.
    Well, yes and no. Up until just recently I had a C&R license, so I had to keep a bound book for my C&R firearms (basically anything over 50 years old with some exceptions). If I wanted to buy or sell anything that qualified, I was required by law to record what amounted to the buyer's or seller's drivers license or FFL info (if from an FFL or another C&R license holder). Some folks were put off by that, and that's cool, but it wasn't my choice.

For modern firearms, I didn't have to record anything.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Perfect explanation.
    Thanks.

When people make a claim... verify it.
    Cause if you're in front of the "MAN", saying you heard it on the internet will not work well as a defense.

In this case, the Indiana Code number is quoted.
    And the Indiana Code is online.

So, you can go to IN.gov and verify.

Also, 'third party' sites may not be updated. Laws change.
    But the "proper person" definition will probably be in the same place.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    IMH

Would a Utah carry license with an Indiana address work? Asking for a friend.:):
    I would think that would be up to the individual seller. I have only one buy off of INGO. And the seller wanted to see my LTCH. After the exchange he did tell me that a couple guns he had sold in the past, ended up involved in crimes. Not the people he sold to. So I do understand the reason for asking.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    1. Some people specify the need to see a potential buyers LTCH and IN drivers license. I am wondering the reason(s) behind this practice. What if someone relies on Constitutional Carry and does Not have a LTCH? I understand asking to see a legal identification (ie - drivers license). Especially with the illegal alien invasion.

2. I read the statement or variation thereof “will sell to proper person”. What criteria makes someone a “proper person”! Also, who is the arbiter deciding who is or is not a “proper person”?

I have my LTCH and Indiana drivers license so it wouldn’t be an issue for me. I’m just curious.
    Just a point of prospective, if the seller wants you to jump a rope three times and twirl a hula hoop as a condition of the sale, you can either do it or not. Depending on how badly you want what the seller has to sell. But the seller sets the terms, the buyer can make his choices as he sees fit.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    If I buy or sell anything that requires a FFL to sell brand new, I ask to see (ONLY) an Indiana DL. and simply ask if they are a "Proper Person"
    Most of the time I get="What is a Proper Person"???...HA.HA.
    If from an INGO member, I just look for a GREAT Feedback count...Bill.

Tradesylver

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2024
    Brown County
    USCCA had an article on this subject a while back. I've used this form "INDIANA FIREARM BILL OF SALE" a quick search on the internet will bring up the form to print off. It's for my own record keeping.

Top Bottom