• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yeah, so far I've not had an issue selling to established INGO members.

I've just received 2 offers today from members with very little or no posting history.

If they don't have a LTCH then we're doing the transfer at an FFL. That should weed out the non proper persons. That's my theory at least.
    I likewise have had offers previously and as recently as today from members with no history. I've very politely told them no thanks, especially since in a couple of cases they offered to drive an unreasonably long distance for not hard to find guns. Smelled a little like alphabet soup to me, and even if it wasn't, I just don't need to have to worry about engaging with someone with little to no history here.

One response I got back was a little irate, the other didn't bother to respond once I told him I appreciated his offer, but no thanks.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I likewise have had offers previously and as recently as today from members with no history. I've very politely told them no thanks, especially since in a couple of cases they offered to drive an unreasonably long distance for not hard to find guns. Smelled a little like alphabet soup to me, and even if it wasn't, I just don't need to have to worry about engaging with someone with little to no history here.

One response I got back was a little irate, the other didn't bother to respond once I told him I appreciated his offer, but no thanks.
    I suspect its more likely an improper person than an agency.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I suspect its more likely an improper person than an agency.
    Either way, didn't pass the spidey sense test and I declined

tenor.gif

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I have sold several firearms here on INGO. I really appreciate not having to take 'trade-in' prices at any of the local FFL/LGS. My requirements for sale are:
    buyer shows me (nothing recorded) a Pink Card, and IN DL *** WITH MATCHING ADDRESS ***. That has been no problem for most of the buyers I've sold to.

I've had 1 or 2 offers to purchase with the caveat, "I've moved, and my addresses don't match LTCH because: I don't want to pay $20 for something not required by law, or I haven't had time to update LTCH." Really? I just politely decline the offer. I am reasonably sure that for an IN DL or a LTC to be completely valid, one should update home address when changing residence. Both are easily done, online, 24/7/365, and for minimal (if any) fees.

I've received one offer from an INGO who lives in Michigan. Out of an abundance of caution, I declined. How do those of you who live close to neighboring states handle the "No Pink Card" issue?

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have sold several firearms here on INGO. I really appreciate not having to take 'trade-in' prices at any of the local FFL/LGS. My requirements for sale are:
    buyer shows me (nothing recorded) a Pink Card, and IN DL *** WITH MATCHING ADDRESS ***. That has been no problem for most of the buyers I've sold to.

I've had 1 or 2 offers to purchase with the caveat, "I've moved, and my addresses don't match LTCH because: I don't want to pay $20 for something not required by law, or I haven't had time to update LTCH." Really? I just politely decline the offer. I am reasonably sure that for an IN DL or a LTC to be completely valid, one should update home address when changing residence. Both are easily done, online, 24/7/365, and for minimal (if any) fees.

I've received one offer from an INGO who lives in Michigan. Out of an abundance of caution, I declined. How do those of you who live close to neighboring states handle the "No Pink Card" issue?
    The update of address on the record of the LTCH does need to be done. That said, issuing a new card is not done by the state unless one pays the $20 for a replacement card. That said, the record is updated for free with the new address.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The update of address on the record of the LTCH does need to be done. That said, issuing a new card is not done by the state unless one pays the $20 for a replacement card. That said, the record is updated for free with the new address.
    That $20 is money well spent. I know firsthand there are ignorant cops out there that will try to throw you in a cage over a wrong address. I had one straight up tell me I was going to jail if the address on the card I gave him didnt match the ISP database. SMH

el_barto3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2023
    New Albany
    1. Some people specify the need to see a potential buyers LTCH and IN drivers license. I am wondering the reason(s) behind this practice. What if someone relies on Constitutional Carry and does Not have a LTCH? I understand asking to see a legal identification (ie - drivers license). Especially with the illegal alien invasion.

2. I read the statement or variation thereof “will sell to proper person”. What criteria makes someone a “proper person”! Also, who is the arbiter deciding who is or is not a “proper person”?

I have my LTCH and Indiana drivers license so it wouldn’t be an issue for me. I’m just curious.
    As the law is concerned Biden just changed it so that if you "predominantly sell firearms for profit, online or in a brick in mortar location," you need to have an ffl and conduct background checks, the feds are up everyone's hole's at the moment so someone having a LTCH is a sort of "lawyer proof" way of making sure you're considered a proper person under law without a background check

el_barto3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2023
    New Albany
    As the law is concerned Biden just changed it so that if you "predominantly sell firearms for profit, online or in a brick in mortar location," you need to have an ffl and conduct background checks, the feds are up everyone's hole's at the moment so someone having a LTCH is a sort of "lawyer proof" way of making sure you're considered a proper person under law without a background check
    You also don't really need the LTCH there's plenty of ways to show you can pass a background check without ever getting one (LTCH), recent bill of sale from a ffl should be just as good in my opinion

el_barto3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2023
    New Albany
    Be sure you discuss that before you meet up. Most will not agree to a bill of sale or receipt.
    I think this is the best way to do it if you don't want to ask for their LTCH. From a legal perspective id think a good defense lawyer could get you off any nonsense they try to hit you with, like why would you log an illegal gun sale yk?

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    Just a reminder Biden did not change the law, he cannot because only Congress can make law. The ATF at Biden's direction illegally changed the definition of engaging in the business of selling firearms and the new rule gies into effect May 10.
    How gun show promoters will handle this remains to be seen.

el_barto3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2023
    New Albany
    Just a reminder Biden did not change the law, he cannot because only Congress can make law. The ATF at Biden's direction illegally changed the definition of engaging in the business of selling firearms and the new rule gies into effect May 10.
    Yup yup I worded it poorly, but yes I've personally been buying everything I think is worth getting my hands on lately because it's still 2 years till I'm 21, my parents live in Connecticut, if Biden was able to actually change the law in the way he talked about I wouldn't be able to buy any handguns legally even though I'm totally legally protected and encouraged to carry what Ive already bought, LEGALLY. its extremely frustrating to say the least, its already a challenge enough I have to get my 21 yr old friends to buy me handgun ammo even though, again, LEGALLY PROTECTED AND ENCOURAGED TO CARRY A HANDGUN!

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Just a reminder Trump did not change the law, he could not because only Congress can make law. The ATF at Trump's direction illegally made "Bump-Stocks" illegal.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just a reminder Trump did not change the law, he could not because only Congress can make law. The ATF at Trump's direction illegally made "Bump-Stocks" illegal.

Nice way to try to let Trump off the hook.

If I tell Kellyinavon "Go kill STFU. He disrespected me." and he does it, I'm not charged as part of the crime? Of course I will be.

Just because Trump didnt "pull the trigger", doesnt absolve him of all responsibility.

Now if the ATF did so on their own without consulting the executive branch, then you could say he was free and clear. But you yourself admitted he is party to the action. So he's just as guilty as the ATF is.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Nice way to try to let Trump off the hook.

If I tell Kellyinavon "Go kill STFU. He disrespected me." and he does it, I'm not charged as part of the crime? Of course I will be.

Just because Trump didnt "pull the trigger", doesnt absolve him of all responsibility.

Now if the ATF did so on their own without consulting the executive branch, then you could say he was free and clear. But you yourself admitted he is party to the action. So he's just as guilty as the ATF is.
    I wasn't trying to let him off of anything....can't stand him.

The point is: That knife cuts both ways; on both sides of the political fence.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wasn't trying to let him off of anything....can't stand him.

The point is: That knife cuts both ways; on both sides of the political fence.
    Sorry, sounded like a defense of orange man. "he didnt actually do it, the ATF did"

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom