• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    When would you see '17 models at their best prices?

GM is doing "deals" differently these days, you need to look for their "red tag/yellow tag" or whatever they want to call it, 11% off sticker right now, that is about as low as you are going to see it as truck sales are good and all models are carryover. There was 13/14% off to be had on '13's when the all new '14's came out, GM made a TON of '13's and decided to blow them out, that was a deal on half tons.

Just not a good time to get a good deal on a truck right now, truck market is strong/economy is strong.

I will get GMS (A-plan) and full rebates+incentives at time of delivery, same as I got on the last 3500HD I ordered.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I would so love to buy a new GMC.

KqI8ZiU.jpg

Trying imgur for first time: Found your truck CM

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I'm wondering who would buy these 2 year old HD's I'm seeing with 100,000+ miles and 30/35,000 dollar prices? if LTZ then $40/45,000:dunno:

Yeah, Does make you wonder. Also makes me wonder who paid $65,000 to put 100,000 miles on a new truck in 2 years. I still kind of prefer a low mileage used truck to a new one....just because I don't feel like I am getting shafted right off on depreciation. My one buddy has an $800+ truck payment every month, that's insane!

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    That's fugly, and I'm usually a sucker for anything with suicide doors.

Concept truck I came across. Thought it was funny to see the little old rampage beefed up and yes I agree, Uuuuugly. The rear door looked like it opened like a minivan sliding door.

I don't think a Price-is-Right model can make that thing look good!

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    GM is doing "deals" differently these days, you need to look for their "red tag/yellow tag" or whatever they want to call it, 11% off sticker right now, that is about as low as you are going to see it as truck sales are good and all models are carryover. There was 13/14% off to be had on '13's when the all new '14's came out, GM made a TON of '13's and decided to blow them out, that was a deal on half tons.

Just not a good time to get a good deal on a truck right now, truck market is strong/economy is strong.

I will get GMS (A-plan) and full rebates+incentives at time of delivery, same as I got on the last 3500HD I ordered.

Thank you for the input!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I bought my '01 Christmas Eve, and my '10 on the day after thanksgiving. Both times I shopped around for 2-4 yr old used models, and found that I was able to get brand new for only a couple thousand more... and the used samples were to the point of needing $1k+ in tires, brakes, etc.... so basically a wash, plus a warranty, etc. Both times I had to buy at the right time (eg year-end rebates) and take what was available on the lots vs needing custom-order vehicle right "now." But in those cases it would have been foolish to buy used, unless I bought something significantly older.

Rebates/negotiation washed out the depreciation, vs some other driver doing it...

'10/'11 there were lots of good deals on new trucks... economy wasn't as strong and gas prices were higher. Don't know if you could do what I did in today's market....

-rvb

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Too bad I want a new Tacoma. They don't do much in rebates or financing for those stinking things. Overly used examples cost damn near as much as new.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Ford always offers some pretty strong deals on F150s. With the '18s rolling in, deals can be had. Last year I ordered my '16 and took delivery in June...11k off MSRP. I paid under invoice and $6500 or so in rebates - for the exact truck I wanted, built for me.

I had a '14 before that, bought new in early '15. 12k off MSRP.

Top Bottom