• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Simple math says 40,000 divided by 60 is 666 a month. Not sure why you'd finance it longer than that.

Im targeting a lower beginning price though. If a new work truck can be had for 30/35,000 then I can add in A-buyer, trade-in, and 5k down to get that price down to roughly $25,000. I don't see used trucks out there for that price that I can rely on 10-15 years of ownership. Add in the warranties and I think this is a smarter deal for me. Again this is for a basic truck without the bells and whistles.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I financed my 2012 for 7 years when I bought it. I was looking for a used truck and the salesman was pushing hard to get me to buy the truck (it was still sitting on the lot in August of 2013). I told him repeatedly that I couldn't afford to buy a new truck and I finally told him that if he could get the payment to $400/mo or less I'd buy it. The finance guy asked if I was opposed to a term longer than five years and I told him it depended on the interest rate. They came back with $385/mo for 84 months, being a man of my word I bought it. Paid it off two months ago.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Im targeting a lower beginning price though. If a new work truck can be had for 30/35,000 then I can add in A-buyer, trade-in, and 5k down to get that price down to roughly $25,000. I don't see used trucks out there for that price that I can rely on 10-15 years of ownership. Add in the warranties and I think this is a smarter deal for me. Again this is for a basic truck without the bells and whistles.

Sounds like a smart deal and should be very easy to do. Selection is going down every day though. If you go Ford buy the factory ESP online for much cheaper then where you buy the new truck.

Ford is only best selling on paper as when you combine Chevy and GMC the numbers are much higher then Ford...

Not sure how you figure that....

Best-Selling Pickup Trucks: June 2017 - PickupTrucks.com News

I've seen a few months where Ram outsold the Silverado. It'll be interesting to see what happens when both GM & Ram release their new redesigned trucks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds like a smart deal and should be very easy to do. Selection is going down every day though. If you go Ford buy the factory ESP online for much cheaper then where you buy the new truck.

I've seen a few months where Ram outsold the Silverado. It'll be interesting to see what happens when both GM & Ram release their new redesigned trucks.

GMC is a Chevy in a suit.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.

Looks like you are right, GM trucks are usually on top, looks like F series is on top right now.

Top Bottom