• Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My son will be 2 in February.

He absolutely loves playing with his older sister's dolls.

I think my wife and I may actually buy him one of his own for Christmas, now that I think about it.

Heaven forbid that my son will be a father some day, and may actually have a REAL baby. May as well let him have a doll now to play with so he can begin to learn how.

Some of y'all are wound up too tight. Probably weren't hugged by your fathers, I suppose.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Lol. My kids play with each others toys. My son likes to put the baby dolls bed and sometimes feeds them or reads them books (hes two, so he just opens books and babbles randomly) my daughter who is 5 likes to help me fix stuff and hunts the squirrels and rabbitsbin the back yard with a stick that she pretends is a gun... She also plays with her baby dolls. I have no insecurities about any of this because they are kids role playing what they see. I don't discourage any of it. I am glad my son likes to pretend to be a daddy because being a father is my greatest accomplishment. I am equally thrilled that my daughter enjoys pretending to hunt because its a skill and hobby I hope to share with both of my kids when they are ready. (My son also pretend hunts the neighborhood dogs and cats, he hast quite figured out what the deal is with animals that are not food yet. He can throw a ball like Peyton manning and he also farts and burps like a trucker. I have no worries. You can't confuse a child about their gender by allowing them to play with baby dolls as a baby.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I see no problem with it. When i was little i carried a raggedy andy doll thing around and my parents caught hell from several other parents. One of the other parents forced his son to play with gender specific toys and told my mom and dad they were raising a queer. well im 20 know and i most definitely am straight, i shoot guns, work in the garage and hunt and fish. His son is far from the straightest arrow in the quiver and get suspended from school for touching other boys rear ends and now he runs around with his boyfriend (nothing wrong with that he can love who he wants to). toys are toys they mean nothing. oh and btw my grandma showed me a picture of me in her make up the other day grant it i was trying to do a camo face paint job but still:D

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ok, so what's the fear with a boy at that age playing with a doll? It'll make a 2 year old effeminate? "Turn him gay?" Cause other 2 year olds to ostracize him for not fitting in with their social norms?

What's the difference between a doll and a stuffed animal? Where you guys too manly to have a teddy bear as a toddler?

I sure hope you don't let your girls play with toy guns, or God forbid real ones, and cross those gender lines.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I asked for, and got, a baby that a way when I was young. I loved that thing. Years later, I've got a wife, four kids, and a grandson. Toys do not define a gender.
    baby_thaqt_a_way.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Toys are learning instruments. A boy playing with a female doll could be encouraged to pretend she is his girlfriend or wife. The male doll could be him. Little girls do not have to be taught this and will pretend she is Barbie and Ken is Prince Charming. The only reason I say boys may need to be encouraged is because they, most likely, will only see girls playing with dolls and may imitate them. It could possibly be a good thing if parents do not overreact.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Toys are learning instruments. A boy playing with a female doll could be encouraged to pretend she is his girlfriend or wife. The male doll could be him. Little girls do not have to be taught this and will pretend she is Barbie and Ken is Prince Charming. The only reason I say boys may need to be encouraged is because they, most likely, will only see girls playing with dolls and may imitate them. It could possibly be a good thing if parents do not overreact.

I think there is an adult industry built on this premise... ;)

NEOCN_53e586sfdold5.jpg

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    come to realization a lot of you dont like gay people and i wont be welcomed. They are toys. who cares. you can still teach someone to give a proper handshake and wear make up. both sexes should be treated equally

djsmith1000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2014
    United States
    Might be important to distinguish someones system of beliefs and worldview from whether they will welcome you. I believe homosexuality is immoral, but that doesn't mean I won't talk to you or that I won't be your friend or that I don't care about you or that I hate you.

snafu21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    come to realization a lot of you dont like gay people and i wont be welcomed. They are toys. who cares. you can still teach someone to give a proper handshake and wear make up. both sexes should be treated equally

I don't care for his music but I agree with what he said.

if you're nice to me, i'll be nice to you.preview.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I went back to read my statement and those of others. If I read your reply correctly, I'm not sure how you believe anyone has said they don't like gay people. I would be among the last to defend some members for being poster children for tolerance and acceptance, but this thread hasn't been anti-anything as far as I can tell. I may be wrong, but I'm certainly willing to better understand your point of view.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok, so what's the fear with a boy at that age playing with a doll? It'll make a 2 year old effeminate? "Turn him gay?" Cause other 2 year olds to ostracize him for not fitting in with their social norms?

What's the difference between a doll and a stuffed animal? Where you guys too manly to have a teddy bear as a toddler?

I sure hope you don't let your girls play with toy guns, or God forbid real ones, and cross those gender lines.

My excuse? I'm WAY too Southern. If other people want their boys to play with dolls, no problem. But for me, it's still a huge psychological hurdle. Boys and girls can do or be anything they want, but let's not pretend that gender roles are well established in our society.... and no I'm not talking wife at home, husband at work stuff.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Have several friends and relatives that are gay. One of my best friends is gay. I have no issue with gays. It's your life style. I think you will fine that a lot of us are open minded.

I have no ideal what you go threw being gay. But I can say I am not one of those that make your life miserable.

Best of luck

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Equally as what? As who?
    Should I equally put my little boys in dresses and tie ribbons in their hair for church? Or maybe equally get little suit and ties for my girls.
    That would just be adorable. :rolleyes:

Not a Gay thing.
    Not a Furry thing.
    Not a Race thing.
    Not a Bashing thing.
    Not a Prejudice thing.

On my planet the girls are innies and the boys are outies. Take your pick, that's all we got here. :dunno:

As for kids and toys?
    We're talking 2 year olds - dump the box in the middle of the room and let them go at it. Jeez.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There is nothing wrong with boys playing with dolls. Even barbies. It's all make believe. If parents are pushing them towards feminine behavior and dress,that is a problem. Let their imagination run wild in a diverse set of circumstances. We know of someone who routinely dresses their boy up in dresses, always is a princess for halloween, etc. Much different than a boy playing with dolls.

That makes a lot of sense. Heck, I had a doll when I was a little kid. His name was Sammy and since I didn't have other kids my age to play with, he was a good friend for a while.

Makeup...dresses....yeah, seems like parents try to start trouble, maybe to prove how progressive they are, I don't know.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    agree with most above.. kids get confused too easily and cant raise themselves.. some people think that free thinking with no guidance is the way to go.. parent up with some old school principles and our world would be a better place...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That makes a lot of sense. Heck, I had a doll when I was a little kid. His name was Sammy and since I didn't have other kids my age to play with, he was a good friend...

Ok that changes things. If it turns boys into lawyers I see the harm to society after all...

Top Bottom