• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparks71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Noblesville
    I went there monday after work. I stood at the new rifle counter for 40 minutes without any help. The place wasn't even busy. Fortunately while waiting, another customer came up and was able to answer a lot of my questions. He seemed knowledgeable enough to convince me to re-think my purchase and do some more research on better deals elsewhere.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I have found some great deals on used guns...but most are very over priced. They do have some good prices on new guns once in a while...my Ruger LC9s $369. Live close by and stop in often...if you look you might find a good deal.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I have one worth that, honest. :) Actually it is worth more than most Garands as it is a high 6 million number and original configuration and not national match.

I have gotten some good deal on used guns from Cabela's like a Margolin Olympic Target Pistol complete with box for about 300 less than it is worth.

I'm thinking that Garand was probably something special and thats why the price was so high. I was up there in their gun vault rooom....I saw some decent prices...

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    So I met another INGOer at the new Cabela's in Noblesville to trade some ammo, and after the deal, I went inside to have a peek, since I've never been. The store seems nice enough, good selection of stuff, but some of their prices are absolutely bananas.

In particular, there was an M1 Garand, I'd guess service grade looking it over, nothing too terribly special as far as I could tell. They were asking $2899. That's literally $2000 more than you would pay from the CMP for a comparable rifle. What the actual hell?

Visited there on 9/13 and saw those same weapons. Overheard the manager talking up a lady about a shotgun for something north of $30K. I quietly wondered if Charlton Heston's cold dead hands came with it. If I ever -and I never will- drop $30K for a bullet launcher, a Form 4 will definitely have to be involved.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Well I thought we were talking about gun stores not Walmart.

I was just quoting your "the bigger the company, the higher the prices" line.

That's all.

And if you want to call Cabela's a "gun store" then that appellation can also be applied to Walmart. In both, firearms only make up a portion of their sales.

EthanR9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    I was just quoting your "the bigger the company, the higher the prices" line.

That's all.

And if you want to call Cabela's a "gun store" then that appellation can also be applied to Walmart. In both, firearms only make up a portion of their sales.

You're taking my comments about Cabelas and Walmart rather personally. If you want to put Cabela's and Walmart in the same category you go right ahead. That's your opinion. I also have an opinion and it's that Cabelas, a gun store in my eyes, has extremely terrible prices on their firearms and accessories. Walmart is a fantastic place to get your groceries if you want to support them. ;) You don't see any of the Cabelas stores without guns right? Well most Walmart's don't have guns. You don't see Cabelas taking all of the AR-15's out of their stores like Walmart either. Walmart has a few low end rifles and shotguns in some of their stores. Cabelas has a couple more guns, and maybe just a tab better in the selection as well. Cabela's also has this thing they call the gun library. They have a couple fancy guns they'll let you look at if you want to visit. Walmart has a nice selection of... toilet paper. :):

buddy17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    United States
    I have yet to find firearms prices reasonable at Cabela's, but their ammo sale prices are usually pretty good especially when the coupon codes bring an additional 10% off and free shipping. I've bought probably 5k rounds of 5.56 in the past 6 months from Cabela's, all for less than 30 cents per round shipped including M855!

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I went in there today for the first time, nice store, and the guys behind the gun counter were actually friendly and reasonably knowledgeable as well. Prices were high for sure. I could not find any 9 mm ammo for less than 30 cents a round.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I went in there today for the first time, nice store, and the guys behind the gun counter were actually friendly and reasonably knowledgeable as well. Prices were high for sure. I could not find any 9 mm ammo for less than 30 cents a round.

Yep. WWB $30.99/100. Walmart a couple exits south at 96th, $26.99/100. (ETA: this was for 9mmFMJ)

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yep. WWB $30.99/100. Walmart a couple exits south at 96th, $26.99/100.

9?

I live close to the Hammond Cabela's, the only thing I buy there is Hornady Critical Duty .45 ACP their price is about 22.79. They're higher than everyone else otherwise.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I got my 92FS at Hammond as "used", but you couldn't tell it had ever been fired. Pretty decent price for "as new". I've ordered a few things on the internet as well. Haven't been to ours yet.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Yep. WWB $30.99/100. Walmart a couple exits south at 96th, $26.99/100. (ETA: this was for 9mmFMJ)

I have been buying online, and if I buy in bulk (1000 rounds), I can get decent ammo (S&G 124 gr, Fiocchi 115 gr, CCI Blazer Brass 115 gr) for between 20 and 21 cents a round, plus shipping, although you can also find coupons online fairly frequently for free shipping if you search.

JWoodlee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2015
    Southside Indy

My kids love displays but prices are high. I got some 9mm ammo at rural King not too long ago for $9.99 a box on sale. If you got one close you may want to check there.

Top Bottom