• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Went to Cabelas with an ad from Gander Mountain for a certain crossbow priced at $549 with a $50 mail in rebate (I hate mail in rebates) and asked them to match (price same as GM, $549) Their reply was, "we don't have the rebate". My counter offer was for them to discount the crossbow $50, their counter was 10% off (54.90)............SOLD!
    Watch competitor's ads, don't be afraid to walk right in and show them the ad, good things can come from it, especially when there may be math involved.

Bmooresbm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2015
    Columbus
    I rarely buy anything at any of these big name stores. Unless you need something in a hurry then it's always better to look online. Rural king seems to have the best prices near where I live.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Went to the new store(first week open)---------ONCE-----------NEVER AGAIN-------------overpriced---rude,uninformed sales people------------10lbs of poop in a 5lb bag

tallend

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Went to the new store(first week open)---------ONCE-----------NEVER AGAIN-------------overpriced---rude,uninformed sales people------------10lbs of poop in a 5lb bag

Never had a bad experience at Cabelas. Then again I don't go in expecting to interact with experts. I also do a lot of price watching. I'm not afraid to walk out empty handed if I can order it cheaper. YMMV

Cabelas has never bothered me in the way they do business. Capitalism folks.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My only bad experience at Cabelas has been at the checkout. They hit you up for a donation and ask for e-mail address.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My only bad experience at Cabelas has been at the checkout. They hit you up for a donation and ask for e-mail address.

The only donation I have been solicited was to round up to the next dollar to go toward conservation. I do it every time. No biggie. Its for a good cause.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I got carded in the Louisville store for buying rifle ammo about a year ago. The little old lady told me it was Kentucky law. I kindly informed her that Kentucky law and federal law was 18 for rifle ammo and she needed to inform all the other stores selling ammo, because I've not been carded in almost 3 decades. I look way older than 18, unfortunately. She then said it was corporate policy. I can't stand lies. Corporate got a call that night. Ain't been carded since. However, unless ammo is on sale I usually find it elsewhere cheaper.

ETA: Our local BPS is more expensive than Cabelas on many items.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    The one out here has decent prices on ammo and occasionally really good prices. Wide variety of all calibers/ Maybe 2, sometimes 3 brands of bulk .22. Staff was a little obtuse on ocassion but mostly nuetral to helpful. I have never looked at their gun prices. I will check it out and see if they are hih. Also maybe ammo has changed. Haven't been in about 6 weeks and the 22 is dwindling......

Top Bottom