• ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Nothing like California- nothing.

Winter helps.

But even in Kailfornia, while LA and San Fran have HUGE homeless problems, a place like San Diego seems to manage it. I honestly can't imagine a better place on earth to homeless than San Diego. Why aren't they overrun?

The biggest difference I can think of is that SD is a military town. A far less "tolerant", enabling demographic than what's found in other locales.:whistle:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    But even in Kailfornia, while LA and San Fran have HUGE homeless problems, a place like San Diego seems to manage it. I honestly can't imagine a better place on earth to homeless than San Diego. Why aren't they overrun?

The biggest difference I can think of is that SD is a military town. A far less "tolerant", enabling demographic than what's found in other locales.:whistle:

I hate to burst your bubble, but I was in San Diego fairly recently. I stayed near the convention center. There is a walkway and park on the bay facing Coronado and in the morning, there were homeless people every where. Banches on the walkway- every one had a homeless person camped out on it. The little peninsula where park is- homeless camps and trash all over the place.

I can only assume that this isn't the only place.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I hate to burst your bubble, but I was in San Diego fairly recently. I stayed near the convention center. There is a walkway and park on the bay facing Coronado and in the morning, there were homeless people every where. Banches on the walkway- every one had a homeless person camped out on it. The little peninsula where park is- homeless camps and trash all over the place.

But do they have a typhus outbreak or a smartphone app to help you avoid piles of human feces, like LA or San Fran?;)

I'm not contending they don't have homeless or even a problem. Just that given the climate, they should have the worst problem.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    In Mayor Bootyplug's South Bend, there have been large encampments of homeless downtown.

They keep building more and more shelters and addiction centers, and the problem keeps growing.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    In Mayor Bootyplug's South Bend, there have been large encampments of homeless downtown.

They keep building more and more shelters and addiction centers, and the problem keeps growing.

Getting more of what they subsidize? Who would imagine such a thing?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

Along those lines... I visited San Francisco a few months ago and I was really struck by the fact that the homeless were noticeably absent from the Chinatown area.

Top Bottom