Lafayette, Indiana
    55847271_10218801714776208_1370143040424902656_n.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A retired Marine buddy of mine living in Kalifornia told me he ordered in 2x 100 cases of Magpul 30rds Pmags. He was all excited. Said he got them delivered for $1798.

Mangledman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Veedersburg
    I am still quite lost navigating around this sote. Indiana Legislature is voting on giving us CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY! I got the Email on friday at 8:00 pm. I posted it in a comment but I haven't got 50 comments, so I'm not sure how this works. Dudley Brown sent the email, from a larger gun rights group. If someone who is puter smarter than me can get this out there,. I love ya and will put you on my prayer list. Keep the steel sharp and powder dry! Manglz.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am still quite lost navigating around this sote. Indiana Legislature is voting on giving us CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY! I got the Email on friday at 8:00 pm. I posted it in a comment but I haven't got 50 comments, so I'm not sure how this works. Dudley Brown sent the email, from a larger gun rights group. If someone who is puter smarter than me can get this out there,. I love ya and will put you on my prayer list. Keep the steel sharp and powder dry! Manglz.

No, not quite. Dudley is yet again attempting to blue falcon Indiana as he did before.

He failed.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Well California goes both ways, either screwing you or getting screwed, but imagine 10-17 rds in your G-17, I would get a few 50 RD drums too if it was me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I texted one of my cousins in California today to check if he was now buying standard capacity magazines. He said most of the local stores selling them are sold out. That's a good sign!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I texted one of my cousins in California today to check if he was now buying standard capacity magazines. He said most of the local stores selling them are sold out. That's a good sign!

I wonder if people will want to get rid of their 10 rounds magazine and only use standard capacity ones.
    I mean with that little bit of reedom that they regained what will they do with 10 rounds mags?
    Not sure if it's still mandatory in other states and if they can sell it to other folks there.

I guess you could keep one as a conversation starter to talk to your kids about the fragility of gun rights.

I think some of those 10 rounds mags just have a plastic limiter thingy that you can remove to make them full capacity again.
    Maybe you need to change the spring too though.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I wonder if people will want to get rid of their 10 rounds magazine and only use standard capacity ones.
    I mean with that little bit of reedom that they regained what will they do with 10 rounds mags?
    Not sure if it's still mandatory in other states and if they can sell it to other folks there.

I guess you could keep one as a conversation starter to talk to your kids about the fragility of gun rights.

I think some of those 10 rounds mags just have a plastic limiter thingy that you can remove to make them full capacity again.
    Maybe you need to change the spring too though.

Probably a good idea to keep them for show in case the decision gets reversed and your new acquisitions get lost in an unfortunate boating accident.

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    Wont last. 9th circus will SURELY reverse this. Its their job.

Not sure if the 9th is next for this case. Besides, Trump recently appointed some new blood to that circuit and its not the lefty slam dunk it used to be. I read about a year ago that despite its reputation, the DC Circuit Court of Appeals is actually much more left-leaning. And that's the one that handled 'Heller" on its way to SCOTUS.

As for the California magazine restriction case, Calif AG Javier Becerra (remember that name, he'll run for President someday) will certainly ask for a stay of the injunction pending appeal. So its not over.

The root of the case is fairly simple. The anti-gunners arbitrarily chose 10 rounds as their limit and started referring to anything larger as "high capacity" and deemed them unnecessary for use by civilians. Under the Constitution you can't just enact laws based on arbitrary numbers. Had the gun grabbers done some kind of scientific/statistical study concluding that more crimes were committed by users of 10+ round magazines and that lawful civilian shootings in cases of self-defense never reached the 10-shot threshold, the magazine ban would be harder to overturn. But instead they plucked the number '10' out of a hat and decided that's where they'd draw a line.

I left the PRK five years ago and really don't miss it. But thanks to the overwhelmingly leftist mentality there I became very familiar with gun laws. Every gun show I ever went to in that state had seminars and other such presentations hosted by gun lawyers and such, helping to educate California gun owners as to what was legal and what wasn't. One big problem is that the cops don't get very good information on gun laws. Over on www.Calguns.net they often report cases where guns and/or related items were confiscated improperly by cops who didn't know the law and believed something to be illegal. In such cases the law abiding gun owner has to go through a crapload of red tape to get his property back, even though it was seized improperly. That's the nature of Kalifornia oppression. I'm very glad I left.

Top Bottom