• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Please call Sen. Donnelly's Washington office and urge him to vote AGAINST Dr. Vivek Murthy's confirmation for U.S. Surgeon General.

Dr. Murthy is barely a practicing physician and instead is the Founder of Doctors for America (an advocacy group for ObamaCare), and a radical supporter of gun control.

Sen. Donnelly's office in Washington can be reached by calling:

(202) 224-4814.

Please tell him to OPPOSE the confirmation of Vivek Murthy. If this guy becomes Surgeon General we will be contending with all kinds of legislation that will be, in effect, an end run for the destruction of gun rights.
    Done!!!!;):yesway:

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    I sent him an email explaining in detail why I don't want this guy confirmed. I'll wait and see if I get an actual response, a canned reply, or nothing at all....

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I got the same email from Donnelly. Since it was from a "donotreply" address, I went to his website and called him out about his typical politician's smoke & mirrors non-answer. I also mentioned I couldn't care less about what Murthy said since honesty is not a hallmark of Obama and associates. I closed by demanding to know if he would or would not vote to confirm Murthy. Got no answer and don't really expect one.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Response from Sen. Donnelly:

"Dear Mr. HeadlessRoland,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me with your concerns about the nomination of Vivek Murthy to become Surgeon General of the United States. As your Senator, I take seriously my responsibility to provide advice and consent for presidential nominations.

As you may know, the Surgeon General serves as the Chair of the National Prevention Council and is the nation's leading spokesperson on matters of public health. In addition, the Surgeon General is the head of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, which is a group of 6,500 health professionals who provide essential care services and promote public health and disease prevention in underserved communities.
    Currently, Dr. Murthy serves as an instructor at Harvard Medical School and is a physician at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. In addition, Dr. Murthy is the founder of Doctors for America, a national organization of physicians focused on improving access to our nation's health care system through advocacy. Dr. Murthy also co-founded an organization called VISIONS, which created HIV/AIDS education programs for youth in the United States.
    Opponents of Dr. Murthy's nomination have expressed concerns about his position on gun issues, arguing that he would use his position to advocate for stricter gun control laws. When questioned on this issue during his confirmation hearing, Dr. Murthy replied that he does not intend to use the platform of Surgeon General as a bully pulpit on gun control. Instead, Dr. Murthy said that if he is confirmed his focus would be on childhood obesity and tobacco use.
    Dr. Murthy's nomination was favorably reported out of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions on February 27, 2014. Should his nomination come before the full Senate for a vote, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter by visiting my website.

Sincerely,

Senator Blowme Donnelly"

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Unfortunately with Joe I think it is a waste of time. He has a proven record of voting against the wishes of his constituents.

I won't say you are wrong, but if 100 INGO folks called his office and opposed this guy, 'ol Joe would take notice. He knows on what side his bread is buttered, sure; but he can be flipped.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Response from Sen. Donnelly:

"Dear Mr. HeadlessRoland,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me with your concerns about the nomination of Vivek Murthy to become Surgeon General of the United States. As your Senator, I take seriously my responsibility to provide advice and consent for presidential nominations.

As you may know, the Surgeon General serves as the Chair of the National Prevention Council and is the nation's leading spokesperson on matters of public health. In addition, the Surgeon General is the head of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, which is a group of 6,500 health professionals who provide essential care services and promote public health and disease prevention in underserved communities.
    Currently, Dr. Murthy serves as an instructor at Harvard Medical School and is a physician at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. In addition, Dr. Murthy is the founder of Doctors for America, a national organization of physicians focused on improving access to our nation's health care system through advocacy. Dr. Murthy also co-founded an organization called VISIONS, which created HIV/AIDS education programs for youth in the United States.
    Opponents of Dr. Murthy's nomination have expressed concerns about his position on gun issues, arguing that he would use his position to advocate for stricter gun control laws. When questioned on this issue during his confirmation hearing, Dr. Murthy replied that he does not intend to use the platform of Surgeon General as a bully pulpit on gun control. Instead, Dr. Murthy said that if he is confirmed his focus would be on childhood obesity and tobacco use.
    Dr. Murthy's nomination was favorably reported out of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions on February 27, 2014. Should his nomination come before the full Senate for a vote, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter by visiting my website.

Sincerely,

Senator Blowme Donnelly"

Same response I received.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I won't say you are wrong, but if 100 INGO folks called his office and opposed this guy, 'ol Joe would take notice. He knows on what side his bread is buttered, sure; but he can be flipped.

THIS^^^

He flipped on Adegbile, it can happen again. We really DO NOT want this guy Dr. Vivek Murthy--as United States Surgeon General

Just two excerpts from the following article should raise a red flag to all gun owners:

NRA-ILA | Anti-Gun Obama Nominee--Vivek Murthy--Clears First Hurdle in Confirmation for U.S. Surgeon General

A recent letter sent to Congress by "Doctors for America," and signed by Dr. Murthy, urges mandatory licensing "for anyone purchasing guns and ammunition--including mandatory firearm safety training and testing." Under Dr. Murthy's scheme, further regulations would place "limits on the purchase of ammunition," and establish a "mandatory waiting period of at least 48 hours."

And, in late 2012 and early 2013, Dr. Murthy took to his personal Twitter account to promote his gun control beliefs, including a statement on October 16, 2012, that "Guns are a health care issue."

So even if you have already called, call again, write again. Include facts about his anti Second Amendment activism. You also might remind Joe, just because the man says he will not use his position as a bully pulpit means nothing. We were also told we could keep our health care....how's that working?(not well for my family anyway) just saying... URGE JOE TO SAY NO!!!:yesway:

Top Bottom