• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It probably will not be returned to you in the foreseeable future.
    They will probably keep it to check if it was used in any other crimes.
    They will be running a lot more tests on it.

The criminal was it anyone from your area?

They've had it for more than 6 months already. Pretty sure all the ballistic stuff is done.

The guys accused of the murders who had it in their possession are from Indy. Not sure which neighborhood, or if they were the ones that originally stole it, or if they bought it on the street. Not sure if investigators know that or not. Might be one of the reasons these ATF guys are up here this week.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    subbed in to follow this one. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to get it back for sure. When you see the photos at least you'll know if it's all beat up from the burglar or from the evidence locker maybe.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Years back a friend of mine was broken into and had a gun stolen among other things. Turns out, it was a mutual friend of ours and when the police were coming for him, he put the stolen gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. I do not know how long it took to get the gun back, but he took it back. Figures screw that guy, he broke into my home and ripped me off. My friend would have helped him, I would have helped him, breaking into someones home is low. You ruin an important part of their life, being secure in your home. Anybody that has ever had a break in understands this. And when he got the gun back, there was blood on it. Cleaned it, oiled it, and put it into his new safe.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Years back a friend of mine was broken into and had a gun stolen among other things. Turns out, it was a mutual friend of ours and when the police were coming for him, he put the stolen gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. I do not know how long it took to get the gun back, but he took it back. Figures screw that guy, he broke into my home and ripped me off. My friend would have helped him, I would have helped him, breaking into someones home is low. You ruin an important part of their life, being secure in your home. Anybody that has ever had a break in understands this. And when he got the gun back, there was blood on it. Cleaned it, oiled it, and put it into his new safe.

All too often these things are done by someone you know or a friend of someone you know. Not every time of course but more often than not.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Well, this took an interesting turn. I left the meeting with a subpoena to testify in US District Court next month. Probably best that I keep the specifics to myself for now.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Well, this took an interesting turn. I left the meeting with a subpoena to testify in US District Court next month. Probably best that I keep the specifics to myself for now.

Man, you had to be thinking "Are you kidding me?" When this unfolded. That is something that would happen to me. Geez. Hopefully it's worth the time going through this. Maybe in some small way you can help those sobs sizzle. Good Luck. I know this will take awhile to play out but I'm hooked waiting on the next installment :popcorn:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

ok i'll admit this, I'm not a lawyer...but i'd consult with one before I go to court!!!!!! and i'd close this thread just to be safe, maybe its just my fear, distrust, and general hatred of the court process.

I hope it all works out for you, but like I said above, I distrust lawyers/prosecutors/judges, on fact the whole legal system!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

tenor.gif

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Mostly about cross examination.

Assuming only the best of intentions to the .gov agents in this matter, there are still defense attorneys who get a vote in what questions are asked. The prosecutor doesn't have any obligation (other than perhaps moral) to a fact witness in terms of objections or protection of confidential information.

Top Bottom