• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I can't say whether THIS call was legit, but, when I lived in Fla., there was a string of FFL dealers hit in a short time in my area.
    A couple of days later, I got a "robo" call from the ATF letting me know of the burglaries, and to be vigilant.
    I hold an 03 license, so I did appreciate the "heads up".
    In Fla. having a FFL was public record, so that info was available, if someone wanted to find out. I suspect it is here in Indiana, also.
    I don't always want the ATF looking into my business, but, in this case, I did appreciate it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I’m not too far north from you DD. And there was a person shot on Southport last night that was WAY too close for comfort.

Same. Im not far from the multiple armed carjacking and robberies around Furnas and High School road. But I think those are all local "kids" because its a VERY concentrated area, and they are always on foot. Usually coming up on people from behind the house, not the sidewalk as expected. So they are cutting through the neighborhood not following the sidewalks.

[/B]

I have a bad feeling that I am going to be very busy this Holiday season since I get the call first when there is a problem at the shop I work at.

Yeah. I forgot to add it in my original post, but they are also cutting power to the buildings in hopes they can silence the alarms. They dont realize those alarms are on a battery. And if you have cellular backup, even cutting the phone/internet lines wont stop the signal from being sent. So the warning is "as soon as you detect some kind of trouble, dispatch. Dont wait for the actual alarm to be tripped. Hopefully cops get there while they are still attempting to breach the perimter. (or roof, which apparently has become popular)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got another one of these calls and email yesterday evening. Pretty much identical to the last one, with the exception that it only mentioned one burglary of an FFL in Marion County (instead of two) resulting in the loss of firearms.

Top Bottom