• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Of the nine D's up for re-election Guy mentioned in his article: 4 are rated "A", "A-" or "Aq", one has a B+, four have F's according to the NRA-PVF. Everything is an uphill fight, but that's what we do. It is so easy to wander through life unarmed, being lawfully armed requires a great deal of effort.

Is this our next letter writing campaign......?????

IronHammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2017
    SW Indiana
    I emailed and called Donnelly's office. I read your article TFT and I have to wonder why he voted in favor of it in 2013. Was it one of those situations where he knew it would never pass so he voted in favor of it to just show face to the voters?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I emailed and called Donnelly's office. I read your article TFT and I have to wonder why he voted in favor of it in 2013. Was it one of those situations where he knew it would never pass so he voted in favor of it to just show face to the voters?
    That was my guess.

whtsti2005

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Carmel
    Done, letter sent. I would strongly encourage each one of us to send a message to let him know that the citizens of Indiana vote YES

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Dunno if I'd get my hopes up. The Democratic leadership is pretty well dominated by people from hard anti-gun states. Donnelly can expect severe reprisals for allowing the unwashed to carry guns in NJ or NY.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I would love to gain national reciprocity, but having the heavy hitters of the anti gun crowd salivating over the NICS fix makes me really nervous!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I know there are other threads on the pending National Reciprocity bill, but I want to emphasize the need to contact Sen. Joe Donnelly on this issue. As I discuss in the linked article, he will play a key role in determining whether this bill passes in the Senate and gets passed into law.

The Gun Guy: Why Sen. Joe Donnelly must vote in favor of National Reciprocity | 93.1 WIBC

Email Sen. Donnelly here: https://www.donnelly.senate.gov/contact/email-joe

Call Sen. Donnelly at (202) 224-4814

Thanks!

Guy

Done. I emailed him. Get on it, folks! I'll be following up by calling him tomorrow.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My email to Joe and called with the same gist:
    Second Amendment rights don’t end at state borders.
    Allow authorized handgun owners who are legally permitted in their home state to carry a concealed firearm in others states.
    It would eliminate a dangerous patchwork of laws that concealed carry permit holders must navigate across state lines.
    This is just simple, common-sense legislation that says if you’re a law-abiding citizen we’re not going to turn you into a criminal just for crossing an invisible state line.
    Rightly shift the burden of proof where it belongs, on the state, to demonstrate a permit holder didn’t comply with their state laws.
    States would maintain the authority to set their own firearms laws and regulations for issuing permits in within their borders. The legislation provides that a permit holder who carries in another state must abide by that state’s laws and regulations when it comes to carrying concealed.
    Contrary to what the anti-civil rights groups are saying:
    The bill would allow states to set their own laws and regulations.
    Concealed carry permit holders were actually more law-abiding than the population in general, with permit holders committing crimes at even lower percentages than police officers.
    As individual states passed laws permitting law-abiding gun owners to carry concealed, predictions of a cataclysm were never borne out.
    Individuals with a violent criminal history are not permitted to buy a firearm, much less carry that firearm concealed in public. States issuing permits run the same FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check (NICS) on applicants just as they do on anyone purchasing a firearm.

This is an important vote for you, Senator. Indiana has the highest percentage of license to carry adults and we are all watching this closely. Please don't make the mistake of voting no.

Top Bottom