• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'm one of those guys who'll be a handyman customer. Sadly.

My stepdad, who essentially raised me from age 10 until I was out of the house, is the kind of guy who can do absolutely anything. He's not much of a car guy - but if he sets his mind to it, he can generally get it done.

But, sadly, he didn't really have the patience to teach ME anything when I was growing up. Plus, when I was younger, I didn't have much of an interest in any of that sort.

And, now, it hurts me because now that I'm a homeowner - I can hardly do the most basic of things around my house. I will say, though, that I'm thankful for the YouTube.

You remind me of the guy I sit across from at work, except his stepdad is useless in addition to not teaching him anything. After seeing me build, fix, etc things for the last 2 years he's finally coming into the idea that maybe it's a good idea for people to learn how to do "things" and he's even started buying himself some tools. This is also after months and months of me complaining that our employer's tool budge is easily about half of mine in any given month, and as my employer slowly buys the tools we actually need, the work magically starts getting done much faster and better.

It's like I'm the proud father of a 30 year old son at the age of 40. So, anyhow, don't let inexperience stop you unless it's a safety thing that you really don't understand. Then seek extra help and carry-on.

It wasn't until I started this job that I even learned that they quit teaching shop class like 25 years ago... I'm not old enough to tell "25 years ago" stories yet!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You remind me of the guy I sit across from at work, except his stepdad is useless in addition to not teaching him anything. After seeing me build, fix, etc things for the last 2 years he's finally coming into the idea that maybe it's a good idea for people to learn how to do "things" and he's even started buying himself some tools. This is also after months and months of me complaining that our employer's tool budge is easily about half of mine in any given month, and as my employer slowly buys the tools we actually need, the work magically starts getting done much faster and better.

It's like I'm the proud father of a 30 year old son at the age of 40. So, anyhow, don't let inexperience stop you unless it's a safety thing that you really don't understand. Then seek extra help and carry-on.

It wasn't until I started this job that I even learned that they quit teaching shop class like 25 years ago... I'm not old enough to tell "25 years ago" stories yet!

I'm thankful that I now (finally) have a network of friends that I can call upon to help me out with stuff. And, honestly, it's all thanks to INGO. I think about 1/3 of my phone contacts are INGOers who I've met and now consider buddies. And all of them are way way way smarter than I am. But I'm probably the best looking - so there's that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm thankful that I now (finally) have a network of friends that I can call upon to help me out with stuff. And, honestly, it's all thanks to INGO. I think about 1/3 of my phone contacts are INGOers who I've met and now consider buddies. And all of them are way way way smarter than I am. But I'm probably the best looking - so there's that.

OK, so THAT's why you refused to add me to your contacts. Didnt want to be dethroned. I get it. :):

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Top Bottom