• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    ...and that's as it should be. Your goals and aspirations belong only to you.

The Corps does not mourn the absence of those who chose to join other services. You're no exception.

Thanks for your service. Semper Fidelis :patriot:
    Fine by me. I don't have a complex about it.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I've trained with Marines in different occasions. In my experience, most of them were great guys, humble, and had a sense of humor. For some reason, former Marines (those with a DD214) seem to get butthurt easy. It's pretty funny.

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    I had this conversation with my wife cause she was Nasty Guard, federal training doesn't constitute you being in the Army. Federal Active Duty does. I can't stand hearing how some nasty guard person that never left stateside and only served the one weekend a month and two weeks a year was a Veteran good for you buddy.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have nothing to do with the "grandmaster" thing that so offends you. That's put there by INGO. I have nothing to do with the Masons or any other such organization.

I have a total of 8 years of active duty Army and National Guard service. I'm a citizen just like any other, not a noble. I don't expect people to bow to me or give me respect just because I served. If someone is trying to show me respect and gets the terminology wrong, I take it in the manner in which it was intended, not as a slight.

I've said before that I've never met a Marine that made me wish that I had joined the Marines instead of the Army. You're no exception.

I had this conversation with my wife cause she was Nasty Guard, federal training doesn't constitute you being in the Army. Federal Active Duty does. I can't stand hearing how some nasty guard person that never left stateside and only served the one weekend a month and two weeks a year was a Veteran good for you buddy.

If you're talking to me, reading comprehension fails you. I said I have 8 years active duty Army AND National Guard.

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    Coast Guard are Coast Guardsmen
    No....not true...i prefer the term "Puddle Pirate", "Shallow water sailor", "Stripers" or "Carribean Cruiser" my self. But even we dont refer to ourselves really as Coast guardsmen....mostly just Coasties. And we arent really touchy anymore since we belong to our own service branch and government branch. No longer under the DOD, or the DOT, and not under navy control. But my good freinds are marines..and i too have noticed they are a bit..."particular" about being addressed as "Marine".

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    As someone who served in the military, but was never in combat, I agree with you.

It has been my experience that most who haven't served equate the term veteran with someone who has seen combat. I will not get veterans plates, wear veterans apparel because I won't falsely give the impression that I've been to combat. I've been to shows carrying a military pack and was asked if I was in Iraq. I immediately say no.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville

You do know that for the State of Indiana they have the highest deployment rate over any other State right. You do know that a vast majority of those National Guardsmen/women have multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. You do know that they leave thier homes and families for long periods of time to help provide the very same freedoms that you swore to protect. You do know that they die in those contries as well don't you? If you think they are a "less" of a branch of service, I feel sorry for you.

Thanks for being a Marine, really, not my cup of tea. But don't lump the Guard into not being in the Army because the uniform says it, the contract says it, the Oath is the same, and the ID card is the same. Actually when I think back on it, the Oath is the same for all branches, when I went to Meps all branches stood and raised thier right hands, National Guard too!

So be proud to be a Marine, you earned it, just as I earned being a Soldier, just as anyone in the National Guard earned being a Soldier.

All of that being said, we are all warriors and we are all equal... We will always think that our branch of service is better than another, we will always give each other crap. We will also all be the first ones to stand back to back if a civilian tries to give us crap.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I had this conversation with my wife cause she was Nasty Guard, federal training doesn't constitute you being in the Army. Federal Active Duty does.

Horse hockey. The reserve components (i.e., the Army National Guard and the US Army Reserve) are absolutely part of the US Army, whether serving on Title 10 or on Title 32.

Get your facts straight before poor-mouthing the "Nasty Guard". There are probably a lot of ARNG and USAR soldiers who have spent more time OCONUS than you have. :patriot:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If it makes him feel any better, I don't consider myself a veteran. It is MY PERSONAL OPINION that the term veteran belongs to those who have been in combat.

Anyone who has completed their basic and AIT is a "veteran" (a term not to be equated with "combat veteran").

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    You do know that for the State of Indiana they have the highest deployment rate over any other State right. You do know that a vast majority of those National Guardsmen/women have multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. You do know that they leave thier homes and families for long periods of time to help provide the very same freedoms that you swore to protect. You do know that they die in those contries as well don't you? If you think they are a "less" of a branch of service, I feel sorry for you.

Thanks for being a Marine, really, not my cup of tea. But don't lump the Guard into not being in the Army because the uniform says it, the contract says it, the Oath is the same, and the ID card is the same. Actually when I think back on it, the Oath is the same for all branches, when I went to Meps all branches stood and raised thier right hands, National Guard too!

So be proud to be a Marine, you earned it, just as I earned being a Soldier, just as anyone in the National Guard earned being a Soldier.

All of that being said, we are all warriors and we are all equal... We will always think that our branch of service is better than another, we will always give each other crap. We will also all be the first ones to stand back to back if a civilian tries to give us crap.

+1! :yesway:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    So, airmen aren't veterans ever?

Where did you get that? All branches conduct basic training (or boot camp) and AIT (meaning Advanced Individual Training - not neccesarily Advanced Infantry Training) for the service member's MOS/AFSC/rate.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    So, airmen aren't veterans ever?

:stickpoke:

:D

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's a good one Rookie!

I will say this, and it's a true statement any of the rest of you can try to argue with me all you want.

The Marine Corps has the most loyal and best Esprit De Corps than any other branch. This includes while they are in or when ETS.

I had the pleasure of watching a few old Devil Dogs sing the Marine song Saturday night, I think the oldest was probably 65. Hell I can't sing the Army song...

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

Wow. :noway:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Where did you get that? All branches conduct basic training (or boot camp) and AIT (meaning Advanced Individual Training - not neccesarily Advanced Infantry Training) for the service member's MOS/AFSC/rate.

Ok, you got me. When I was in the air force it was tech school. Only security police had AIT (advanced infantry training).

I was just giving you a hard time.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    I had the pleasure of watching a few old Devil Dogs sing the Marine song Saturday night, I think the oldest was probably 65. Hell I can't sing the Army song...

Here's the 3rd verse of the Marine Corps Hymn:

If the Army and the Navy
    Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
    They will find the streets are guarded
    By United States Marines.

Doesn't say anything about the Air Force, Coast Guard and National Guard. Where the heck are those guys going ?? :rockwoot::rockwoot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    EckFrank
    Top Bottom