• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I hunt with a guy that wears his smelly old work coveralls ! (blue and white)

He gets a NICE buck and a doe EVERY year.

While smoking a cigarette

Want2ShootMore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Marion
    Really? Come on.

Yes really.

Why do you think all of the scent free soaps boast no UV brighteners. Go wash your camo in Tide if you think it doesn't matter.

Oh and if you do happen to wash in Tide, you can spray water that has had black walnut husks soaking in it on yourself and that will kill the UV for you. Of Course it could stain;)

Last edited:

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Test your camo for UV by firing up your old black light and parading around in front of it. You might be surprised. A lot of hunter orange and camo glows under a black light especially if laundry detergent that used brighteners are used.
    I do agree that camo is kind of like some fishing lures. Designed to catch fishermen.
    Any camo helps, open patterns at long range don't blob out thats why Predator and ASAT work. Not moving works pretty good also!

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I wear the Under Armour getup in Real Tree HardWoods (no preference just what they had). I love the Under Armour stuff though thin light very maneuverable yet very warm. Over priced compared to others but you get what you pay for. I have a long hike to my hunting spot so weight and bulk is a kicker that’s why I went with UA no complaints other than price. I have 2 different base layers depending on temp, bibs hoodie and jacket.

Walkersdlx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Evansville
    i just have a (ghillie suit) type cape on. It works well hell even people would have a hard time seeing me if i wasnt rocking out a orange vest & hat.

Top Bottom