• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    That instructor Robby is talking about seems like a pretty sharp dude. I would consider this thought, though. Getting low was the right advice for RobbyMaQ given the geometry of the position he was using at the time. Logic this out. Low is good, low increases the surface area of your contact with the ground, which increases the amount of area to provide friction and absorb recoil, displace the inertial energy over a wider area, and make it easier to return to POA. It is possible that a position too low prevents proper sight alignment and destabilizes your "hold". As a three position instructor that deals with a lot of centerfire, I believe I can say that most shooters need to get MUCH lower. It is not 100% the case though.

The actual problems we experience with Atterbury are issues of mindset more than position.

Cable

Marksman
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hey Hop, I hope all is well with you. Your pm inbox is full so i hope you see this.

Quick question: remember at the Oct KD your bro in law had an AR optic that wasn't working out too well? Do you remember what it was?

I'm trying to remember so i never use one of those at a KD. I remember that it literally fell apart during the scope click counting exercises.

Thanks!

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Actually that optic that fell apart, he screwed the knob in until the detent caught and counted his clicks back to his zero and it was still on. IIRC

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I guess my site supporter sub had expired & my inbox size got cut down. I'll have to Paypal Fenway another Veyron payment.

That was my buddy Brian. It was actually a Vortex Sparc. I don't believe it's normal for those to come apart like that.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I guess my site supporter sub had expired & my inbox size got cut down. I'll have to Paypal Fenway another Veyron payment.

That was my buddy Brian. It was actually a Vortex Sparc. I don't believe it's normal for those to come apart like that.

definitely not normal and Vortex will make it right regardless. Definitely Don't hesitate to run KD with one.

Top Bottom