• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    The laryngeal prominence is usually more prominent in adult men than in women or prepubescent children. The growth of the larynx itself, and dropping of the vocal box during puberty is responsible for the vocal instability in teenage boys. The laryngeal prominence is merely the protrusion one sees of the thyroid cartilage making up the body of the larynx. The laryngeal prominence is usually more prominent in adult males because the thyroid cartilage elongates during puberty as the voice box becomes lodged in the throat, protruding out the front of the neck more noticeably. The result is that the two laminae (thin cartilage) of the thyroid cartilage that form the protrusion meet at an average angle of 90° in males, and 120° in females, so there is less cartilage protruding out in females.
    Laryngeal prominence is commonly considered a male secondary sex characteristic, but women can also develop a masculine laryngeal prominence.
    -Wikipedia

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I was watching Manswers one day and they had a segment on how to tell the difference between a man and a woman. Apparently, the one surefire way is to look at the fingers. If the ring finger is longer than the index finger, then it is a man. In women, the index finger is longer than the ring finger. Hope this helps you out.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    The laryngeal prominence is usually more prominent in adult men than in women or prepubescent children. The growth of the larynx itself, and dropping of the vocal box during puberty is responsible for the vocal instability in teenage boys. The laryngeal prominence is merely the protrusion one sees of the thyroid cartilage making up the body of the larynx. The laryngeal prominence is usually more prominent in adult males because the thyroid cartilage elongates during puberty as the voice box becomes lodged in the throat, protruding out the front of the neck more noticeably. The result is that the two laminae (thin cartilage) of the thyroid cartilage that form the protrusion meet at an average angle of 90° in males, and 120° in females, so there is less cartilage protruding out in females.
    Laryngeal prominence is commonly considered a male secondary sex characteristic, but women can also develop a masculine laryngeal prominence. -Wikipedia
    I just saw that on that TV show "The Doctors" a few mornings ago. Thanks for the wiki explanation of it.:ingo:

For a short answer ...Yes they can but usually not as prominent as males.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Women other than Ann Coulter?
    8mmgvjxlrm24mmv2.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Everyone's larynx grows during puberty, but a girl's larynx doesn't grow as much as a boy's does.
    It some cases some girls get a larger larynx than some other girls and it may look like the adam's apple of a man.
    That doesnt mean they have the banana that goes with it ... in most cases.
    But if I were you I would double check to make sure.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    We are all curious about what happend now! :D
    Are you just afraid you may have kissed a dude or is it even worse? ... wait im not sure I wanna know.

The most important is that your lady friend was nice, was he nice? ;)

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    In indonesia it was very hard to tell the party boy's frpm the party girls. Red light outside = girls to party. BLue light outside means that the party girls have a banana downstrairs or did have at one time. On the street you could never tell the difference even close up. I am sure more than one salior has found a little something extra on shore leave.

Here just check like croc dundie and grab a handfull.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I was watching Manswers one day and they had a segment on how to tell the difference between a man and a woman. Apparently, the one surefire way is to look at the fingers. If the ring finger is longer than the index finger, then it is a man. In women, the index finger is longer than the ring finger. Hope this helps you out.

Sorry, simply not true :) Edited to add, (although sex hormones while can have an effect, it is by no means difinitive. It's just a theory that someone offered.) I am one example of many many exceptions to it, as are many of my friends and family members.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I had this exact thing happen to me on night at one of the, ahem, "Gentlemens Clubs" here in Indy. The dancer was at a loss as to why I told her to get the he77 away from me until I pointed to the obvious protrusion in the front of her G. She busted a gut laughing as she pulled her wad of ones out of there, seems she got there late that night and missed getting a locker!!!:laugh:

Now you know why your momma always told you to wash your hands before eating and never put anything in your mouth that you couldn't eat.:rockwoot:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom