• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    I do it for ammo and expensive stuff that I don't want left on the porch while I'm not home. The receptionist thinks I'm kind of nuts, but other than that there is no problem.

yeah that's the upside. The people at work seem genuinely interested to see what's in the box. Not so much at home.

^These

On another note; do not ever buy anything from 'American Girl' and have it shipped to your work (In my defense, I have a 5 year old daughter - it was for Christmas...). They will start sending you catalogs to your work...Seems like once a month. Our receptionist thinks it's hilarious to put it on the front of my desk when I'm out of the office so everyone sees it...

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have everything worth value shipped to work so it doesn't get left on my porch or mailbox. Then again I'm the warehouse manager and in charge of the shipping/receiving department so I can get away with it. There are a few others at work that have had things shipped to work that would raise a few eyebrows.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    ^These

On another note; do not ever buy anything from 'American Girl' and have it shipped to your work (In my defense, I have a 5 year old daughter - it was for Christmas...). They will start sending you catalogs to your work...Seems like once a month. Our receptionist thinks it's hilarious to put it on the front of my desk when I'm out of the office so everyone sees it...

After your order for 10k rounds of ammo arrives I bet she stops that. ;)

newdave61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2015
    Avon
    No problems here. Several people in our small office are gun owners. Wouldn't give a package like that arriving a second glance.

Helps that the boss carries.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Retired so sure couldn't use work delivery! However the only time I can remember my wife complaining was when some items were delivered when I wasn't home and she moved it into the house. A case of 7.62 X 39 ('bout 1200 rds) or a few ammo boxes of 30-06 from CMP seemed to strain her back. Now she just waits till I get home.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    I guess it depends on who you work for, and their disposition toward firearms.

I work in a family business, and several of the people here carry and own multiple firearms.

On the other hand I would not recommend getting 10k rounds shipped to an office building in downtown Chicago... :n00b:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I would LOVE to have shipments made to me at work - for ANYTHING - not just "gun stuff".

But - alas - it's frowned upon very very very hard.

If I'm expecting something, I'll generally tell a trusted neighbor about it or one of my buddies who drives by my 'hood often on his way to/from work.

One nice thing about former apartment living: I could have things delivered to the apartment office and pick them up when I able.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I frequently have ammo delivered to my office. Our receptionist now knows what ORM-D means. Having thousands of rounds of ammo delivered throughout the year keeps the prols in line.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I frequently have ammo delivered to my office. Our receptionist now knows what ORM-D means. Having thousands of rounds of ammo delivered throughout the year keeps the prols in line.

About two years ago, I found an old Avon cosmetics box with an ORM-D marking. Doesn't always mean there's ammo involved. ;)

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I have pretty much everything delivered to where I work. The owner is fine with it, and so is the manager. Of course, I'm the manager and usually the only one in the office so that helps. The UPS guy stops by like clockwork almost every morning around 1015 delivering something. The only downside I've found so far is that when the vendor charges sales tax, it is bit higher to have it delivered here within the city limits, instead of at home out in the unincorporated county. Not a big difference tho, not enough to have it delivered to home.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The hard about about it is not opening up the box of ammo and accessories when it arrives so you can play with things!

:delivery:

:alright:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    About two years ago, I found an old Avon cosmetics box with an ORM-D marking. Doesn't always mean there's ammo involved. ;)

Busted, Snorko likes to feel pretty :dunno:

The hard about about it is not opening up the box of ammo and accessories when it arrives so you can play with things!

New rifle scopes can be a lot of fun in a high rise office.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    One of my customers had a guy pranking him all the time so I ordered a post card from the internet. It was a post card that said "2015 Catalogue" from an Inflatable doll company. It think it was Heidi's inflatable dolls. It said they were including a 25% discount code due to all the recent purchases.

We mailed it to him at work. It was a big company so the mail was transferred by several people before it got to the building he worked at. My Customer got a lot of mileage out of throwing the name Heidi out there.

Top Bottom