Candidates for the best REAL pocket gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I guess it’s possible I was subconsciously trying to get my posts per day numbers up? :D

iu

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    I have had good success working insurance carrying a sig 238 in slacks and dress pants in a don Hume holster

also works in jeans and cargo shorts

however it’s a bridge to far with basketball shorts due to weight

however I will be moving to Texas and due to the heat and working from home will be wearing basketball shorts quite a lot and will look into a p3AT or p32. Also interested in them for a reliable NPE gun I’m not super invested in.

also I think the statute of the man has to come into account for pocket carry.

im 6’4 and wear size 44 jeans, you can for a lot more in a pocket then a guy who is 5’7 wearing size 28 pants.

also slacks are god tier for pocket carry.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well now there is the Sig P365 and or the Springfield Hellcat. Both are 9 and carry a ton of bullets in a micro compact.

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Smallest 9mm I have seen is a Diamondback DB9. Easy to carry in front pocket. Pretty slick little pistol.

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    I'm sure most would disagree that a S&W Shield is a true pocket gun, but I've been VERY successfully front pocket carrying my 9mm S&W Shield since 2012. Tried IWB but always went back to pocket and has worked great. I draw it just as easily as IWB and its an absolute pleasurable joy to carry like that. I just make it a point to buy pants and shorts with deep enough front pockets.
    Use and love a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster.

I strongly considered replacing my Shield with a Sig P365, but I love my Shield so much the extra 2 rounds simply was not a significant enough advantage to get me to switch and I didn't shoot the P365 any better than my Shield. I can not give an honest round count of my shield. I average about 600-650 rounds a year and just replaced my recoil spring as I figured I was closer to 5k rounds than 4k rounds. I know every body says "Never had a single MF/FF/FTE and to be 100% honest I had two MF's one failure to feed and one FTE within the first 200 rounds very first range session. But I honestly do not recall ever having another issue again with my Shield. I do clean it well after each range session and clean it very well after every 300-400 rounds and lube it per owners manual.

Due to the current nation wide unrest I am considering buying a S&W M&P 3.6" Compact 2.0 for the 15+1 capacity VS my Shields 8+1 and can find them still reasonably priced.
    I currently carry two spare 8 round mags use to only carry one. With the M&P 2.0 3.6" I can carry it and one 17 round spare and have 32 rounds VS 25 for the Shield and carry one less mag. Never thought I'd see the day when i have to consider carrying that much ammo and could potentially find myself in a situation where 17 rounds might not be enough.

Last edited:

Irukanji

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    SW Indiana
    I carry a Ruger LCR 357 in a Remora holster and it does not at all print in an obvious way. I also carry a Keltec P32. That is a small gun, but .32 Auto is a capable round. It also has a separate clip you can buy and tuck it into trunks, your cowboy boot, etc.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I picked up a new Springfield 911 Alpha yesterday. Took it to Atterbury today to give it a run. Sweet little shooter! Ran a box of old 95gr Independence fmj and a few blazer with zero issues. It disappears in my pocket with a Sticky holster. I plan to rotate it in when I’m don’t have my 642PC.

Top Bottom