• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    it is east of 31 about a mile and a half, on 144. It is around 3/4 of a mile past the franklin hospital.

Are you sure about its being 1.5 miles east of 31? I finally found a school 3 miles west of 31 (2 miles past the hospital). Maybe I'll catch the next one.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Are you sure about its being 1.5 miles east of 31? I finally found a school 3 miles west of 31 (2 miles past the hospital). Maybe I'll catch the next one.
    There unfortunately was no sign saying anything(no school name or anything).I used yahoo map and it was pretty much dead on.The google map however was way off having the school at 144 and 31. I did learn quite a bit,some things I was doing totally wrong. Was fun to meet everyone that was there. I am sure if there is interest I can get another one set up before it is time to start canning from the garden. And sirrealism I am soooo sorry,you are correct it is west of the hospital....please forgive me.:ugh:

Oh and of course I forgot my camera....sigh..

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    Thank you very much for setting this up I did learn allot about canning. I remember her saying that there was like 3 or 4 different classes that she had that were at all different levels. If she does a canning 202 or even that big canning class she was talking about please let me know.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Thanks Smokingman for setting up the class...I learned a lot and hope to try my hand at canning this year. The teacher was very knowledgable and kept the class moving and interesting. Thanks Again!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    How is everyone doing canning? You have had 11 years of practice since this class.

Spaghetti sauce is now one of my favorite things to can. That and red potatoes,you can make some amazing dishes with them.

Also of note. This question may have evolved from being isolated at home lol.

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    We canned some salsa and green beans for a few years after the class then started our family and moved so canning fell off the map. We were actually talking about starting back up this year. My oldest like to help in the garden so I think we will expand this year and try to get back up to the big garden we had before the move. Thanks again for setting up the class.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Our pantry is overflowing with canned stuff, and we are always in search of more jars. But that puts us on the jar yo-yo: Too many empties to store in summer, not enough in fall.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    We have canned some in the last 11 years. With two very busy kiddos the garden has gone back to yard status and the canning stuff has gathered dust. Wifey wants a garden this year so we'll see how it goes. Even if we do a garden the previous spot is no longer an option due to trees and shade now.

Top Bottom