• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    At the beginning of the class, I was smart enough to take the left most postion on the line because I didn't want any flying brass down my shirt. :)
    There's no substitute for Data On Previous Engagements!

The drills we ran were all things that, thanks be to God, I can run on my home range.
    This is the key, and something to really temper your self-criticism. The concepts and drills taught (at any class) are simply an introduction and framework. Just like learning a new sport or musical instrument it will take many more repetitions than even a two day class could allow. If you can remember what to do and why it's important, you've been successful.

You also found some things that didn't work as well as you hoped, and a few that worked better than expected. That's a big part of the Carbine class IMO. Run what you brung, as hard as you can. Find your limits and that of your gear. Choose what gear/methods need work, which need replaced and those you can rely upon.

Talk about a rude awakening when we were zeroing at 100yds and I was getting showered with brass!
    Not every engagement will be under perfect conditions! :buddies:
    Good news, you were fully covered so that brass couldn't find bare skin.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I love the feedback and am looking forward to taking the class when it is offered again. I should have regained a lot of the flexibility I had before the surgery so kneeling, getting up and down, and so forth should be much smoother.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I love the feedback and am looking forward to taking the class when it is offered again. I should have regained a lot of the flexibility I had before the surgery so kneeling, getting up and down, and so forth should be much smoother.
    I dosnt memtion it because I didn't want to make excuses, but I almost didn't go because I really aggravated my right knee 2 weeks ago.

I was thinking of this class as I had Appleseed but with a bigger caliber in that we would be kneeling, prone, sitting, standing and up and down etc. I wasn't sure I could handle it. In the time event I almost buckled because we'll it was a timed event so I was trying to hurry. Other then I didn't seat the mag well after the pain, it wasn't near as torturous on my knee as I had anticipated. The next day, sure it hurt, but I made it to church etc.

So if you are like me and thinking advanced applesed with lots of position changes don't let the knee concern you too much, that wasn't the case.

Last edited:

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I dosnt memtion it because I didn't want to make excuses, but I almost didn't go because I really aggravated my right knee 2 weeks ago.

I was thinking of this class as I had Appleseed but with a bigger caliber in that we would be kneeling, prone, sitting, standing and up and down etc. I wasn't sure I could handle it. In the time event I almost buckled because we'll it was a timed event so I was trying to hurry. Other then I didn't seat the mag well after the pain, it wasn't near as torturous on my knee as I had anticipated. The next day, sure it hurt, but I made it to church etc.

So if you are like me and thinking advanced applesed with lots of position changes don't let the knee concern you too much, that wasn't the case.
    Thanks, but I just had my knee replaced 6 weeks ago so I'm still rebuilding the strength in that leg and knee, as well as dealing with the pain. I still can't kneel on it yet, even with padded kneelers in our church.

Top Bottom