• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    Also, could your HOA tell you that you can't carry on your public street during your party?

Probably, but you at least have more of a say regarding who runs your HOA. I'm thinking the presence of alcohol at any of these events helps establish a time / place / manner temporary restriction; if there is an insurance policy involved, they might have some language that speaks to dis-allowing firearms under those conditions.

Last edited:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    This is not reserving public space for private use, such as a shelter house. This is reserving public space for public sales. You can't discriminate what public can access it because you're not 2A friendly. Get your own space for that.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    So really, the signs mean nothing. If the police make you leave, tell him you want a real officer there because he's not a real cop to enforce their sign

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Well, I may change my mind on this, but I don't want to. Indianapolis is letting downtown restaurants serve food in the streets, but I think they have to get an outdoor seating permit, such as they have done to put tables on the sidewalk. If the restaurant has a policy and paid for the permit, does it apply on public property? Is it no longer public property? Does the greenspace become the farmers market property during the times they have permission to sell, or is it still public property with vendors?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sounds like a boondoggle to me, The city basically forms a non profit made up of city counsel members to run a civic minded event on public property. This gives them a way to enforce their rules outside of what's normal on public grounds.
    The Porter County Fairgrounds is run the same. Lots of no guns signs there.

Irukanji

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    SW Indiana
    As I understand it the sign would not have force-of-law for private property unless the property is one that has legal standing, private school, or other off-limits locations such as govt owned buildings,etc. HOWEVER, if your are asked to leave by the owner or representative due to carrying on private property you should immediately leave as you would then be a trespasser and could be charged with that crime and potentially get a "...with firearm..." tacked on for good measure.

Best to research this in detail, but that is my assumption when I carry.

Your mileage may vary....

PewPew1776

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2020
    Cornopolis
    We began to post the signs four weeks ago after receiving numerous complaints at the Committee Tent about a guest carrying a .40 cal S&W, just like mine, on his hip.

Oh, the horror! Someone other than the anointed political class was lawfully carrying weapons.

Clearly the "President" guy does not believe in 2A, as it would have been the perfect opportunity to educate the likely NJ/NY/CA/IL etc transplants about how things work in America.

Concealed is concealed, but I still think those sorts of signs create a bad precedent, and normalize this sort of a prohibition in people's minds.

Top Bottom