• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    They're about the same price, so I buy brake cleaner since it has more than one use.

Yeah, I stopped today and looked at the Spectracide C-Bee killer. It's a foam and the recommend shooting it into the hole.

I don't have holes yet, just a few buzzing around the house. I'd like to try and hit them. Brake cleaner will be less messy than foam all over the place.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Man that stuff is expensive tho

Plus you'd likely have a gooey mess to clean up from overspray. But yeah, all the Flex-Seal stuff is expensive. I bought 2 rolls of the clear tape to repair some tears in my vinyl seats on the pontoon boat. About $13 bucks for a 5' roll! :faint:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Remember the Shell pest strips well they are still made(different company). Cut the strip into pieces that will fit in hole. No more bees.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Everybody kids about using a flamethrower but nobody mans up and does it. It works really well. I killed about 20 last Saturday with a propane flamethrower wand. Generally knocks them to the ground and you can finish them off there.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    When this post resurfaced, I watched with great interest because I was in the middle of my yearly battle with these pests. I have noticed in the last week or so they seemed to have disappeared. Anyone else notice this? Besides my usual swatting them with a racquet, I have done nothing to deter them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When this post resurfaced, I watched with great interest because I was in the middle of my yearly battle with these pests. I have noticed in the last week or so they seemed to have disappeared. Anyone else notice this? Besides my usual swatting them with a racquet, I have done nothing to deter them.

Now that you mention it, I've not seen any for at least a week, maybe longer.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I did not see any last weekend either. A few were buzzing my recently finished storage barn. I sprayed them once before I read this thread. A couple days later I found one dead on the floor of the barn. Haven’t seen one since.

I’m now working on chipmunk reduction. Down three since I started Sunday.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did not see any last weekend either. A few were buzzing my recently finished storage barn. I sprayed them once before I read this thread. A couple days later I found one dead on the floor of the barn. Haven’t seen one since.

I’m now working on chipmunk reduction. Down three since I started Sunday.

We have.......Bunny's, chipmunks, squirrels, possums, Ferrell Cats, And other assorted vermin.
    The bees have been gone for over a week. Must not be breading anymore.

We live in Indy. And we have a zoo.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    They were all over the Seelyville gun range on Saturday. The range has new-ish looking wood shooting benches. The bees were all over them.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I use expanding foam insulation to fill the holes. It expands into the interior spaces and helps replace structural integrity (and I believe kills anything still inside). After using that and painting the underside of our deck we've had no issues with the pesky buggers.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I spray everything on the house with Bonide Termite and Carpenter ant killer. Mix and saturate the walls and soffets with a sprayer. Once a year, no critters. Spray the inside of the house in corners, floor and basement with the same stuff. Spray it on my clothes as well for going out in the woods, no ticks.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I spray everything on the house with Bonide Termite and Carpenter ant killer. Mix and saturate the walls and soffets with a sprayer. Once a year, no critters. Spray the inside of the house in corners, floor and basement with the same stuff. Spray it on my clothes as well for going out in the woods, no ticks.

I will have to try this, LE.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

Back in the '60's dad took us fishing. He brought a can of 'Off' and sprayed us all down. Other folks were fleeing due to the mosquito clouds but we didn't have a problem, great day fishing with dad. When we got home we commented on this and mom read the can...that said Black Flag. Worked great.

Top Bottom