• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I like to draw and rack the action all in one quick motion and I know someone will say what if you don't have time to rack the action but i have carried a knife all my life so if someone is to close to pull a gun on I feel just as comfortable defending myself with a knife as a gun.

Thanks for answering.:yesway:

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I like to draw and rack the action all in one quick motion and I know someone will say what if you don't have time to rack the action but i have carried a knife all my life so if someone is to close to pull a gun on I feel just as comfortable defending myself with a knife as a gun.

I have been practicing this lately with my M&P. I realize there are situations where your other hand may be occupied and racking the slide may not be possible. My usual carry gun is a revolver, so this is not an issue.

iwork4pepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used to carry a small .380 cc for self defense. I was always afraid to carry one in the pipe. I always thought that if I had to use it for self defense, I would probably not have time to load one in. I took that into consideration when I bought a new cc pistol. I chose the S&W airweight 38 spc with +P. It's super light and by it being a revolver, I'm obviously not going to have to chamber a round before the bg has a chance to shoot one.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Congrats! I just started carrying also. I have definitely found I don't forget it's there! My situational awareness has increased as well. I hope that doesn't turn into paranoia! The first couple of times I didn't have a round chambered, but quickly realized it would take me a lot longer to learn to draw, rack, aim and shoot fast enough than to learn to feel comfortable carrying a round chambered. A friend who is a former LEO advised me to do whatever it takes to get comfortable carrying one in the chamber or else switch to carrying a hammer with me :)

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    backfromthedead-300x300.jpg

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I just started carrying to about a week ago and I don't have one in the pipe yet. I know it is worthless without it but I guess I will get there one step at a time.

Top Bottom