• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Awful Waffle

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Me and my buddy were just cruising the back roads of Hancock County when we decided to drive out to Cincinatti for the night. We drove out there and walked around for a few hours, the whole time I had my pistol (cc).

Ran into a few shady characters and one very disturbed homeless crackhead. I was very glad I had my pistol on me.

At no point did the gun jump out of my pocket and kill anybody. Shocking, I know, but its true.

I have an Indiana LTCH but Ohio does not recognize it. I would never let some stupid law prevent me from protecting myself.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    So you CC so that you wouldn't be caught and then talk about it openly. Why? In a better world that would be perfectly fine, but in the meantime Ohio has the right to make their own rules regarding who and how to carry. If their laws mean nothing to you, does Indiana's carry any weight? If you answer differently, can you please clarify why?

If you will be going to Ohio periodically, you should really look into getting a Utah or Florida nonresident permit and then read up on Ohio's laws.

Awful Waffle

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So you CC so that you wouldn't be caught and then talk about it openly. Why? In a better world that would be perfectly fine, but in the meantime Ohio has the right to make their own rules regarding who and how to carry. If their laws mean nothing to you, does Indiana's carry any weight? If you answer differently, can you please clarify why?

If you will be going to Ohio periodically, you should really look into getting a Utah or Florida nonresident permit and then read up on Ohio's laws.

So theyre gonna drive up to Indianapolis and haul me in for a victimless misdemeanor that happened last night? So be it.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    It's a very simple matter to take a class and get a utah non-resident permit if you frequent Ohio
    Then you don't have break any laws to protect yourself
    I know the 2nd is our carry permit but until current laws are changed this type of activity can end badly

good luck

Awful Waffle

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No, I never travel outside of the state, except when Im at work but I dont carry at work.

This was just a spur of the moment decision to drive down to Cincinnati, and I sure as hell wasnt going without my pistol.

Ive seen all kinds of people talk about how they carry in Chicago, who cares? Maybe you all are afraid of our criminal justice system, Im not, its an absolute failure and does nothing to punish criminals.

Last edited:

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    You make it sound like I think Im a badass because I broke some pointless law. The point of the thread is that me and many others are going to carry wherever we feel like it regardless of the law.

I don't think you'll find alot of other people that are going to admit to breaking a "pointless" law.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I cant see the point of driving to anyplace you dont feel comfortable with, just to walk the streets. Sounds like your asking for problems from the police and the bad guys.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Thread-Crap-Stupid-Actors.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I cant see the point of driving to anyplace you dont feel comfortable with, just to walk the streets. Sounds like your asking for problems from the police and the bad guys.

This was my first thought as well. I guess they were going for the Charles Bronson Death wish thing.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    You make it sound like I think Im a badass because I broke some pointless law. The point of the thread is that me and many others are going to carry wherever we feel like it regardless of the law.

And everytime you "carry wherever you feel like" you weaken the argument that licensed armed citizens are some of the most trustworthy and law-abiding folks around. I don't much favor licensing either but showing you can't be trusted to follow the law is no way to convince legislators the law should be abolished.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I understand what the op is saying but i do not encourage nor recommend it. OP, did you think about your gameplan about what would have happened if you had to to draw and/or draw AND fire? Yes, I realize you should only draw if your life is in danger but someone may lose their chemical or intestinal fortitude staring down the barrel of a bore, no matter how large or small. We've already found out on this forum that the "special" prosecution is more interested on a prideful win than a truthful loss. Are petty laws stupid? Absolutely. Is the penalty for breaking those laws also stupid? Absolutely. Get the FL or UT license to make your carry legitimate. To do otherwise is foolish and not worth going to jail or having a justified shoot throw you in prison because you lack sufficient papers.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    If you get arrested for an illegal carry out of state, good luck keeping your Indiana LTCH. Just isn't worth it in my book.

When I cross the state line, and I often have to for work, the EDC is broken down and locked in a box in the trunk.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom