• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I think the point is, that you should always be careful about what you post on the internet. While it seems to be anonymous, it's really not. If something would happen in the future, someone could research his history and find a pattern of disregard for the law if he had made several posts like this.

It comes down to it being really stupid to admitting to breaking the law or anything else that may come back to bite you on the internet. The internet/facebook/twitter is a divorce atty/prosecutor/private investigators best friend and it's only because people think they need to post their entire lives online.

The comments I've made in the internet would give me the DEATH PENALTY, but the internet is all fun & games, not to be taken serious:D

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I went to Cincy myself yesterday, to watch the Reds play (got a hell of a sunburn) I love the Reds, but I know for me to carry there is illegal. I park the car, with my gun securely hidden inside, in Newport KY, and walk across the bridge to the games. I can see my favorite team, and not come away a felon. Do I think it's a stupid law? Hell YES I do, but I'm not gonna lose everything I have, including my right to own a gun, just because I WANT to carry where it's forbidden.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    OP, your zeal is admirable but misdirected. No one here is in favor of any law anywhere restricting our rights. Part of living in a civil society means we sometimes must tolerate things with which we disagree. We do however have every right to pursue changes to those things. Ever heard this old saying?

"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can, and
    the wisdom to know the difference."

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Only 3 more post to get to 50

If stupid laws don't apply to him, I know I'll never buy/sell/trade with him.

but the internet is all fun & games, not to be taken serious

I hear this alot... On To Catch A Predator.

(just had to put that in)

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Civil disobedience has to start somewhere. Maybe he has the means to fight it in court if something does happen. Just like the thread started a little while ago about Tenn. bumper sticker law, everyone is talking about breaking that law. Are some bad laws okay to break while others are not?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Ohio has the right to make their own rules regarding who and how to carry.

Some would say not...that whole 2A thing trumping all laws and all...but that's another subject entirely. :dunno:

Guess what- I'm one of those people. Why did you chop off the first part of the sentence?

In a better world that would be perfectly fine, but in the meantime Ohio has the right to make their own rules regarding who and how to carry

Last edited:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I think everyone here knows what hell they went throught to get where they are now. I've been here a short time but it seems like everyone has a story of the paperwork, costs, other problems they've encountered. It would all seem counterproductive to waste that time by ignoring state laws and thumbing your nose on the internet. Why run the chance to blow everything?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OP, I think it is fairly clear that while INGO members support your right to defend yourself from predators, we do not support stupid behaviors that put you at the mercy of anti-gun laws and us at risk of being associated with someone who would do this.
    The motto I learned a long time back is: if you would not go somewhere unarmed, don't go there armed, either. Further, why would you want to go somewhere where any money you spend would go to support a gov't that so cavalierly disregards your rights and that then would use that money to help the state pay to prosecute you?

Work to change the laws. Until they are changed, stay within them.

Get a permit they recognize before you go back.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    OP, I think it is fairly clear that while INGO members support your right to defend yourself from predators, we do not support stupid behaviors that put you at the mercy of anti-gun laws and us at risk of being associated with someone who would do this.
    The motto I learned a long time back is: if you would not go somewhere unarmed, don't go there armed, either. Further, why would you want to go somewhere where any money you spend would go to support a gov't that so cavalierly disregards your rights and that then would use that money to help the state pay to prosecute you?

Work to change the laws. Until they are changed, stay within them.

Get a permit they recognize before you go back.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill
    +1 :yesway:
    AND!!
    This is exactly the type of behavior that the "Brady Bunch" uses to "prove" that gun owners aren't "responsible" Citizens. :rolleyes:
    Any time they can point to a gun owner and say, "See, they don't care about the Law or other peoples safety." they get more press coverage, and money, to carry on their anti gun campaign.
    Remember.
    Paul Helmke is still lurking about Indiana looking for items like this to pass on to his anti gun buddies. :n00b:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Uncle Mike's dead on target.

When you carry a gun, you represent something more than yourself. Stand up straight, brush your teeth, cut your hair, and, above all, follow the law.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Civil disobedience has to start somewhere. Maybe he has the means to fight it in court if something does happen.

Doesn't civil disobedience involve flagrantly flaunting the law that you believe to be unjust, getting arrested for it, and becoming a cause for political/legislative battles? Civil disobedience aims to change the law. Think Rosa Parks. She did not "hide" in the front of the bus. She made a point of breaking a law that was unjust, and now she's our hero. The OP did not engage in civil disobedience. He just broke a law.

Da Bing

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom