• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    And when I walked through the doors, the alarm went off. :n00b: The lady asked me and my fiance if we had anything on us that we had bought from wal-mart recently currently on our person. I wanted to say "eight 230 grain .45acp winchester jhp." :D Lol, but has anyone else ever had this happen before? When we left the alarm didn't go off. :dunno:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    And when I walked through the doors, the alarm went off. :n00b: The lady asked me and my fiance if we had anything on us that we had bought from wal-mart recently currently on our person. I wanted to say "eight 230 grain .45acp winchester jhp." :D Lol, but has anyone else ever had this happen before? When we left the alarm didn't go off. :dunno:

Seems like not too long ago someone (here?) posted about setting off the alarms...come to find out they had stepped on one of those little RFID tags and it stuck to the bottom of their shoe (wedged in the tread).

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    once, the daughters boyfriend had not taken one of the sensors out of a sweatshirt he bought somewhere else. Set it off going in. Told the lady take note of him because he'll set it off going out too.
    Sure enough, set it off going out. She wanted to look through all 100 bags in my cart for the culprit, told her no it was him. She said sorry I have to check. Looked at Travis and told him to stand right where he was so it kept ringing and don't move until she is done looking through it all. I walked further away. She looked at me and said leave.
    Funniest damn stuff ever

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    once, the daughters boyfriend had not taken one of the sensors out of a sweatshirt he bought somewhere else. Set it off going in. Told the lady take note of him because he'll set it off going out too.
    Sure enough, set it off going out. She wanted to look through all 100 bags in my cart for the culprit, told her no it was him. She said sorry I have to check. Looked at Travis and told him to stand right where he was so it kept ringing and don't move until she is done looking through it all. I walked further away. She looked at me and said leave.
    Funniest damn stuff ever

:laugh: That is pretty funny. I just don't understand why it didn't go off when I leaved. I was sure that she was going to call security though.

Edit: Didn't see the post by JetGirl. That makes a lot of sense, I'm guessing it got knocked out as I walked around the store.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    If either of you were wearing new or recently purchased clothing from the GAP or Old Navy both use anti theft chips Swen into clothing they sell that can set off "Innovatory control systems" in other stores.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    If either of you were wearing new or recently purchased clothing from the GAP or Old Navy both use anti theft chips Swen into clothing they sell that can set off "Innovatory control systems" in other stores.

the kids was from Hollister. he knew it was there too which really ticked me off.

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    I would keep walking, no you can't read my receipt, no you can not bother me, just keep walking!

Thats exactly what I have been told by a former Wal-Mart security guard. If you haven't done anything wrong and you have somewhere to be, just keep on trucking. I've personally never done this, just sharing.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've had them ask to check my purchases, said no thanks, and the lady apologized to me as I was walking out the door. Funny thing is she always wants to go on break when she sees me at the check out.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    had it happen to me at dicks sporting goods, and they lived up to there name... they felt real stupid and gave me a 50 dollar gift card though.

Wow, what were the circumstances of that?!?!!! I could use a $50 gift card if they are handing them out each and every time they live up to their namesake!

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    From my very early years (over 20 years ago) of briefly working retail, the loss prevention guys would send someone with an anti-theft tag through the door at the same time as any customer suspected of shoplifting. This would set off the alarm and give them the excuse to stop that person for a search. If the person didn't know their rights, they would submit to the search. It was a regular practice to stage someone near the door with the tag.

Of course this doesn't explain setting it off as you walk in.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I'd bought a nice suede jacket at one point, not knowing that behind the tag, was a nice sewn in little pouch that held the sensor tag. I didn't see it, so I didn't cut it out. It didn't go off when we left the store where I bought it, so I didn't know that's what it was.

I went into a Barnes and Nobles at one point and it set their system off as I walked in. They looked at me in shock, but realizing I was walking in, they waved me through, and then remembered that I'd done so when I purchased my items and set it off again when I left.

Next time I walked into a wally world, I set their sensor off too. I told the door greeter that it was my coat. He asked if I'd recently purchased the coat, and I said yes. He asked me to take it off, ran the little wand over the tag under the collar, and deactivated it. I whipped out my pocket knife and cut the thing out right then and there, and thanked him for his help.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I once had a wallet that had a tag sewed in the liner. It would set those things off at random stores. Walgreens was always the worst. It took me awhile to figure out it was my wallet. New wallet and problem solved.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There was a little RFID tag inside my wallet when I bought it several years ago. It didn't get deactivated at the register.

I bonged EVERYWHERE.

Rest assured, OP, it's not your gun. Those things aren't metal detectors.

-J-

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County
    I would keep walking, no you can't read my receipt, no you can not bother me, just keep walking!

I have done that before. The guy followed me into the parking lot and said "Sir, I'm obligated to look at your receipt."

I told him maybe so, but I'm not obligated to show it to you.

Then I got in my car and went on my way home.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I got a pair of boots at Meijer and the tag was inside the soul. It was never turned off, so I would set them off at times. Walmart told me it was inside the boot and turned it off for me.

My wife got some clothes at a mall, but they never removed the tags when she paid for them, she found them and we took them back to the store to get them removed.
    When we walked into Dicks (from outside) we set them off, but when we walked out of Dicks into the mall they didn't go off. We told them they may want to check them.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I have done that before. The guy followed me into the parking lot and said "Sir, I'm obligated to look at your receipt."

I told him maybe so, but I'm not obligated to show it to you.

Then I got in my car and went on my way home.

I know a few people that have been banned from WalMart for doing that, and have read even more stories. To much of a PITA if you ask me. Granted, if you just continue, get in your car, and then leave, they wont have a chance to ban you.

On subject, my fiance has some shoes that set the alarms off. I told her that she needs to just ask someone to deactivate them the next time it happens, but she is a woman, so naturally she wont listen to me :rolleyes:

Ruger47274

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    I got a wallet for Christmas a couple years ago.. It had a RFID tag in it,, but, i didn't know it for a few days later. I was going into Wal-mart with my wife and it set off the alarm. Luckily I was going in. The lady at the door was nice and asked me if I've received any new item of clothing lately. I told her the only thing I'd gotten was a wallet and that I'd been in several stores before coming into this one. So, we searched my wallet and there it was, DEEP inside to a point that I couldn't grab it. She had little fingers and managed to pull it out. Funny how some stores are more sensitive than others. I was even in a Circuit City right before that.
    So, I'd say the gun had nothing to do with it. ;)

Top Bottom