• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruger47274

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    I know a few people that have been banned from WalMart for doing that, and have read even more stories. To much of a PITA if you ask me. Granted, if you just continue, get in your car, and then leave, they wont have a chance to ban you.

On subject, my fiance has some shoes that set the alarms off. I told her that she needs to just ask someone to deactivate them the next time it happens, but she is a woman, so naturally she wont listen to me :rolleyes:

I've seen some ppl that SHOULD be banned from Wal-mart or any other place for that matter.. lol
    I'd just love to one time take off running as fast as I can and see what that lil ol' lady would do. :laugh:
    Since the last 10 months or so, I've probably only been to Wally World 3 times. They don't have to BAN me. I've banned them ! I stop @ the Dollar General Store, park at the front door and walk in, grab what I need, PAY and walk 20 steps back to my car sitting at the front door and leave. No hassle ! They have the necessities I need to live and I'm in and out in 5 mins. flat..... :rockwoot:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have had Wallyworld employees try to stop me on the way out, they usually give up quickly though. The first time it happened when my wife was with me, she freaked out and was afraid we were gonna get busted, i was just laughing as i kept walking. Now, my wife refuses to stop for them too. I realize these peiople are doing thier job, but, as long as my receipt is on me, I aint stopping for nobody.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    very rarely do i set the stores off, but I always manage to set the ones at the library off.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Come on, people. These are NOT METAL DETECTORS.

Your plate in your skull, your titanium in your hip or knee, nor your tin-foil hat will set these things off.

RFID tags/chips set them off. Period.

-J-

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Come on, people. These are NOT METAL DETECTORS.

Your plate in your skull, your titanium in your hip or knee, nor your tin-foil hat will set these things off.

RFID tags/chips set them off. Period.

-J-

I was a cart pusher when I was 16, when the guy standing at the exit doors would take a break I'd have to stand there for him. We had customers that would set off the alarm every time they went in and out. I waved the deactivating wand all over them trying to deactivate whatever it was and couldn't figure it out, unless they were always stealing, but they wouldn't bring the tag back into the store every time.

We would also took them tags off and put them on carts. When I could I'd stick one in someones shirt hoodie. :D:D

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Some walmart employees are just plain stupid. About 3 yrs ago, I had a disposable camera I was taking in to have developed, I stopped at the door, asked the guy for a sticker, he said I didn't need one. Well I got back to the film area and it was under remodeling! So I turned and went to leave, same guy stops me, accuses me of stealing the camera, I tried explaining to him that if he'd look it showed 0 picstures remaining which said right on the dang thing, he kept arguing it was a brand new one. Tried telling him that id just came in and asked him to put a sticker on it, course he doesn't remember it, finally the manager comes listens to both sides, looks and the camera and let's me go with an apology. As I left she was still trying to explain to him about the camera. What an idiot.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I do not stop for the alarms or the door checkers. In fact I resent the whole process. As their customer I have never consented to a search which they do automatically every-time I go in and out their stores.

I also resent that as their customer that because there are some thieves out there, that we are all suspected of being thieves

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I had a wallet that, unbeknownst to me, had an RFID tag in one of the slots. I set off EVERY alarm, everywhere I went until I figured it out. Funny thing is I like to deal with everything with humor. As such, to this day, when the store alarm goes off when I am ENTERING I say out loud, "Hey, I haven't even stolen anything yet!" :laugh:

They never think it's as funny as I do.:n00b:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I was entering a WalMart in Tulsa OK a few years back with my wife and her cousin, who was returning a hat she had bought. As we walked in, some dude was walking very quickly out, with a TV in his arms. The alarm sounded, and the genius security guy comes up to my wifes cousin, who has the hat in a WalMart bag, and tells her she needs a sticker if she has something she is returning. I told the moron the alarm may be sounding because of the dude carrying out a TV, but he would have none of that. I could still see the guy outside, and pointed him out to the idiot, but he insisted he needed to look at the $3.00 hat. We got a pretty good laugh outta that one.

davebone42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    I pulled the sensor off a dvd one night and stuck it to my buddy's shirt tail. They made him take off his hat and shoes and also empty his pockets. Then the lady saw it on his shirt. Classic:)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    if some walmart greeter thinks im gonna stop and listen to them, then they are wrong and better turn up their belltones so they can hear me give them clear instructions on how to step off. they arent the police, and I dont even let them search my stuff.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    if some walmart greeter thinks im gonna stop and listen to them, then they are wrong and better turn up their belltones so they can hear me give them clear instructions on how to step off. they arent the police, and I dont even let them search my stuff.

This. If I'm leaving an establishment and an employee attempts to stop me, I'll answer with a polite but firm "NO". If they press the issue, they'll see just how irritated I can get. :twocents:

Entering the establishment is another story. If they request to search me, then I will simply turn around and leave.

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    Basically the tags are magnetized and the scanners demaginitze the EAS tags. Some places sensors are more sensitive than others. But im gonna go on a limb and say not every thing is deactivated once its demagnitized you should have anymore issues, but if you run a smag magnet across the EAS tag you can remagnitize it.

I carry everywere i go and i have never set an alarm off.

Top Bottom