• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I carried a 26 for 3 years and this year I sold it and I now carry the 19. Because they are the same thickness and close in grip size, I decided the 26 was no more advantageous for me. I enjoy shooting the 19 more too.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Some of it could depend on your size however it isn't really that much more difficult to conceal a Glock 19 over a 26. Where the 26 comes into their own is in the summer when lighter manner of dress however the 26 is still a wide gun...

Pretty much the same here. The 26/27 disappears just a tad easier under a lightweight tshirt, but any other time/clothing it is a toss up between the 19/23 and the 26/27. I own each of these models and carry each of them.

I carry the 19 most of the time. If I need more concealment, I go w/ the 26, or carry it as backup. Everything else stays the same (spare mag - G17+2, same holster, etc.). When shooting, I just curl my pinky under the grip & don't use extensions. Kinda defeats the purpose of a shorter grip. You'd do good w/ either, or both.

Yep, same here. Great thing about the Glocks in the various models (17/19/26 or 22/23/27) is that they carry very similar, can use the same holsters, can use the same mags and function/trigger is all the same. Personally having a 26/27 and a 23/19 is a great combo, then start buying duplicates ;)

I enjoy shooting the 19 more too.

Agreed. I do like shooting the 19 more than the subcompacts.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I own the 19 and 26. My first ever gone was the 19. I carried it for a couple of years. Once I got the 26, the 19 sits in the night stand. For me, the 26 carries easier and more concealed then the 19. With that said, carrying the 19 was easy and comfortable.

nate411

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    spencer in
    Love them both, but I seem to shoot to the left with the 26, the small grip with my bigger hands.. im 6.5ft tall and have large hands. seems to like to throw rounds to the left.

AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis
    The 26 is undeniably more versatile. That said, some people don't like the two finger grip and will never carry it that way. Even with an angled mag extension its a tad smaller than a 19.

They both shoot well. I opted for a 26 for the versatility, and have a lot of the standard mags outfitted in different ways for different things, as well as every size up to happy sticks. They all work great.

I didn't like the finger groove spacing on the 19 either.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    More aggressive pattern on the grip, bigger mag release, 3 backstraps and a different recoil spring. I believe that's all the differences.

I believe the recoil springs on the subcompacts are the same regardless of Gen 3 or 4. The subcompacts have always had the dual recoil spring setup.

Biggest aspect would be whether the more aggressive texture on the frame would be an issue if you are carrying up against skin.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    See, I think the shorter sight radius and lack of accessory rail make the 26/27/33 considerably less versatile. The 19/23/32 Carry well open or concealed, make a great nightstand gun, easily mount lights/lasers, and hold their own in competitions, and is better than the M&P series.

FTFY.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I really like the 19 and for years have said if I only had one glock it would be a 19. That said lately I have been carrying my newer gen4 17 and really think it hides just fine 90% of the time. For the 10% of the time I need more deep cover the 26 is easier hands down to really hide. So if you have a 17 already look into different carry methods ( I am a more recent appendix iwb convert) and carry your 17 all you can then get the 26 for deep cover and as a back up.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    If you put a grip extension on the 26, you might as well carry the 19.
    the grip extension makes it very nearly the exact same length grip.
    then you are down to capacity, barrel length, and sight radius preference.

You can't go wrong with a 19.
    It's the do-everything gun.
    Everyone should own a Glock 19 :rockwoot:

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    With a cheap holster, the only difference you will feel is that the 26 is slightly lighter. With a good holster, you will notice no difference at all. If its a toss up, go with the 19.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    Chezuki, was this done locally? How much??

"Chopped" FTW!!

DSC_0693.jpg
    [/QUOTE
    ]

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Love my G19. It disappears with the right iwb holster. I have a Crossbreed that works wonders. Heck, with the right owb holster and appropriate size shirt, it disappears.

Edit: That is if I want it to disappear.

spaniel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Lizton
    The carry advantage of the 26 is the shorter grip. The barrel length is meaningless; I use the same holster for G23/G26. For this reason, if you're going to carry with the mag extension you might as well use the G19.

I do notice a significant printing difference with the two in lighter clothing. This is going to depend somewhat on body type; I'm pretty skinny and don't hide guns as easily as some others. I carry the G23 more in the winter and the G26 or a Taurus M85 more in the summer.

Top Bottom