• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Is it Legal to carry at the voting poles?

i never thought about the legality of it before.

(if this is a repost, im very sorry, seems like the search never works for me no matter what i type in it, it always returns the wrong threads)

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Try being a noob and using the search. You just know that you are going to be looking at you ba**s after you post your question.

Sorry, I have no Idea about carrying at the Poles. BTW, I thought you were on your way North or South. I'm a 'tard.

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    I am not positive on all the polls but some are definitely no carry. My poll for instance is in a church and I'm pretty sure they have a school in it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My polling place is normally a normally a grade school. This primary election, school must be open, so they've moved it to the fire station. I believe I'm good to go.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    If the poll is in a school :noway:

If poll is in a place not prohibited by IC :yesway:

That is all.

(p.s. I got to exercise my right to vote but was denied my 2A right for many years due to my poll being in a school. Kind of ironic, isn't it?)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I thought you were on your way North or South.
    Me too... I saw the thread title and my first thought was that somebody was making a trip very far north or very far south.

I'm sure the OP now knows the mistake, but there is no way to edit thread titles (at least it never works for me) so he can't fix it.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Search returns many garbage results because of signatures and quotes if you use advanced and limit it to the specific forum area like handguns or whichever area might be appropriate you get less wacky results. ymmv

My wag says that as long as poll isn't in a school or state/fed building you might be ok if you hide your gun up the keister for deep concealment. Bound to run into the anti brigade at the polls.

Goodluck.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My polling place is a small church (no school or daycare), so is perfectly legal. I'm debating on OC (my default) or CC while voting. I suppose I should cover up....

Schools are a no-go, as others have already mentioned.

Local .gov buildings are a mixed bag. Check your local ordinances.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    sorry for the confusion guys. ive asked the mods if they can fix the thread title to be less confusing. if it can be done im sure they can do it. thanks mods!
    Sorry, I was just giving you a hard time about that, I hope you didn't take offense. I realize that you likely caught the mistake yourself but couldn't change it.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Sorry, I was just giving you a hard time about that, I hope you didn't take offense. I realize that you likely caught the mistake yourself but couldn't change it.

no offense taken. i was tired when i wrote the thread last night and the though never crossed my mind to speccify. I will report my experience i had at the pole when i go here in a bit. also if anyone else OC's without incident at your pole then please let us know how it went.

i knew you still couldnt carry in schools, but i was unsure about the fact that during the election, does it technicaly become a government instilation? i think i will call the election board and see what they say. if they say no then i want them to site the IN or Fed code they draw their conclusion from.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    My polling place is a Town Hall. Are Town Hall's prohibited? I would like to OC there whe I vote as well, but would love some advice.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    About to head out now. We're a "voting center" county, which means I can choose where I go. Hmm... Church with a school in one building and a daycare in the other a half mile from the house or a fire station two miles away... decisions, decisions...

Blessings,
    Bill

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Thanks for fixing the title.

It might have been tough to carry at the pole:
    Pole-Fit-Icon-(Normal)_440x440.gif

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Search returns many garbage results because of signatures and quotes if you use advanced and limit it to the specific forum area like handguns or whichever area might be appropriate you get less wacky results. ymmv

The search on this site sucks. Just go to Google and type in your search followed by site:ingunowners.com.

Top Bottom