Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Thanks for fixing the title.

It might have been tough to carry at the pole:
    Pole-Fit-Icon-(Normal)_440x440.gif

WOW, thats the best marketing idea ive seen for that product. it gives the "closet freaks" a excuse to publicly buy it. my wife loves hers :laugh:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What a bunch of wiseguys . . . I love it.:D

E5, there is no statutory prohibition but be advised that you cannot carry where the Indiana Code prohibits (school grounds, airports, riverboats, etc.). As well, be aware that there could be ordinance violation to carry into a courthouse or city hall while voting. (Be aware that it could be contempt of court to carry a firearm into a courthouse as well).

If we are voting at Poles, then I vote for this Pole.:D

polishgirl-400x300.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Thanks for fixing the title.

It might have been tough to carry at the pole:
    Pole-Fit-Icon-%28Normal%29_440x440.gif

E5, there is no statutory prohibition but be advised that you cannot carry where the Indiana Code prohibits (school grounds, airports, riverboats, etc.). As well, be aware that there could be ordinance violation to carry into a courthouse or city hall while voting. (Be aware that it could be contempt of court to carry a firearm into a courthouse as well).

polishgirl-400x300.jpg
    Hey come on now guys... the thread title was changed to "election polls" not "erection poles"... :laugh:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The search on [STRIKE]this site[/STRIKE] vBulletin sucks. Just go to Google and type in your search followed by site:ingunowners.com.

Fixed. We know the site search is not the best, but vBulletin has enough other features we do like that it outweighs that known limitation. (Not the least of which is that Fenway has already paid for this software! ;))

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

polishgirl-400x300.jpg

I still want to know, since people from Poland are called Poles, why people from Holland are not called "Holes"?

ETA: Never mind, someone just told me that that is a contraction and is used to refer to people temporarily living in Washington, DC.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    Well, I just got back from voting. I left my revolver in the car, but I OCed my empty holster into the building. Since it is a Town Hall I thought there might be a chance of there being a local ordinance or something prohibiting carry.

However, there were no signs posted on the doors banning firearms, so I am not sure if there really is an ordinance or not. It was the Town Hall in Daleville if anyone happens to know. Also, what is a good way for me to find out if there is a local ordinance prohibiting carry in the Town Hall?

Anyway, I got 2 comments! The first was as I walked in the door I heard a lady's voice say, "Sir, sir! You can't bring that in here."

I looked over at her and signaled to see if she was talking to me (I knew she was, but I didn't want to be so obvious). She said yes she was talking to me, and I turned to the side to show her that my holster was empty. I walked over to her and kindly said that all I was carrying today was a fancy piece of leather. She laughed and said she thought I had a gun and that it was illegal to carry a gun into a polling place. I told her that I decided to leave it in the car today, but I also corrected her and informed her that there is no law in Indiana prohibiting carry into polling places. I said that since many polling places are schools or some other institution that otherwise prohibits carry that it is not allowed there, but it isn't because it is a polling place. She then told me that both she and her husband have their permits and that she carries everywhere she goes, but she just thought it was illegal, so she brought it to my attention. She actually said that her husband Open Carries, and she brought up the whole Starbucks thing that's been in the news, etc... This was a total shocker. But she was extremely nice and thanked me for enlightening her about the law.

I voted and then went to leave, and as I was leaving an older male poll worker near the door called over to me and said, "Sir, will you come here please?"

I walked over to him (I already had one foot out the door, but I went back in). He said, "You can't carry that in here." I smiled, turned to the side, and said, "You mean this empty holster?" He smiled back and said, "I thought you had a gun! You can't bring a gun into a polling place."

/sigh

I, in as friendly of a manner as possible, informed him as well that carry into a polling place was perfectly legal, but I chose not to carry here since I was unaware if there was or was not a local ordinance about carrying into the Town Hall. He instantly informed me that there WAS a local ordinance, and that even if it wasn't illegal to carry into a polling place it was still illegal here. I shrugged, said thanks, and that I would look into it, smiled, and left.

I was very glad for the interactions, but damn I really wish there was an easy way to find out what the laws really are about carrying into Daleville Town Hall.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I saw a video of a guys wife/gf/whatever that tried out their new "pole" that he just installed......... sadly for her he bolted it to just the drywall...............

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i just got back about 20 minutes ago. no problems. OC'd just fine, not one word, accept from the old bag outside asking me to vote for her crappy candidate and handing me free toilet paper, i mean a political pamplet :)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I went to the fire station to vote and there was a sign on the door...

...so I obeyed the rule and turned off my cell phone. :D

:rockwoot:Go Hostettler!:rockwoot:

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I OC at my Legion to vote every time. No one cares.

I'm waiting for the day that someone says something to me for OC'ing in my Legion. It won't be nice. Now when we do have events which involve a bunch of kids (Post Picnic/Halloween Party) I do cover it up. To many little ones wanting to see it or touch it.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Well, I just got back from voting. I left my revolver in the car, but I OCed my empty holster into the building. Since it is a Town Hall I thought there might be a chance of there being a local ordinance or something prohibiting carry.

However, there were no signs posted on the doors banning firearms, so I am not sure if there really is an ordinance or not. It was the Town Hall in Daleville if anyone happens to know. Also, what is a good way for me to find out if there is a local ordinance prohibiting carry in the Town Hall?

Anyway, I got 2 comments! The first was as I walked in the door I heard a lady's voice say, "Sir, sir! You can't bring that in here."

I looked over at her and signaled to see if she was talking to me (I knew she was, but I didn't want to be so obvious). She said yes she was talking to me, and I turned to the side to show her that my holster was empty. I walked over to her and kindly said that all I was carrying today was a fancy piece of leather. She laughed and said she thought I had a gun and that it was illegal to carry a gun into a polling place. I told her that I decided to leave it in the car today, but I also corrected her and informed her that there is no law in Indiana prohibiting carry into polling places. I said that since many polling places are schools or some other institution that otherwise prohibits carry that it is not allowed there, but it isn't because it is a polling place. She then told me that both she and her husband have their permits and that she carries everywhere she goes, but she just thought it was illegal, so she brought it to my attention. She actually said that her husband Open Carries, and she brought up the whole Starbucks thing that's been in the news, etc... This was a total shocker. But she was extremely nice and thanked me for enlightening her about the law.

I voted and then went to leave, and as I was leaving an older male poll worker near the door called over to me and said, "Sir, will you come here please?"

I walked over to him (I already had one foot out the door, but I went back in). He said, "You can't carry that in here." I smiled, turned to the side, and said, "You mean this empty holster?" He smiled back and said, "I thought you had a gun! You can't bring a gun into a polling place."

/sigh

I, in as friendly of a manner as possible, informed him as well that carry into a polling place was perfectly legal, but I chose not to carry here since I was unaware if there was or was not a local ordinance about carrying into the Town Hall. He instantly informed me that there WAS a local ordinance, and that even if it wasn't illegal to carry into a polling place it was still illegal here. I shrugged, said thanks, and that I would look into it, smiled, and left.

I was very glad for the interactions, but damn I really wish there was an easy way to find out what the laws really are about carrying into Daleville Town Hall.

Dude- you did great! :+1:

Top Bottom